PDA

View Full Version : 2-3 Artists Needed (Spooky Comics for Kids)

James W Powell
04-08-2016, 12:42 PM
Hello!

I'm looking for 2-3 different artists (pencils and inks) for several scripts I'm developing. Each story is 10-20 pages in length.

The first comic script is in the final round of editing (to be complete this weekend). For this story, I'm looking for an artist to begin work ASAP in an effort to turn the final pages over by May 20 (roughly 4-6 pages a week, depending on start date).

The other scripts are in development and would roll out individually this summer, with the art due for one in mid-July, and the other at the end of August. This schedule is tentative.

Payment
I'm looking to pay in the range of $50 per page.
Pay rate is negotiable, based on the artist's skill and experience.
Depending on the contract we negotiate, additional funds might be available after the end of a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Payment will be submitted via Paypal within three days of approval of every five completed pages. I will not pay up front. If preferred, the artist can send low res files before receiving payment, then the high res files after receiving payment.

Expectations
I expect the artist to submit character designs. After my approval, page work can begin.
I need to approve each step in the process: thumbs, pencils, and inks.
I prefer an artist who stays in communication with me throughout the process.
You can expect timely communication and payment from me.

Story/Comic Information
The first story is a haunted house story. The others feature scary monsters.
The audience is kids, aged 7-9.
The comics will be printed in black & white with a color cover.
Each comic will be 6 in. x 9 in.

To see my previous work, please see http://www.jameswpowell.com

Please send submissions to powell.jamesw at gmail dot com.

Please include sample work (links to website preferred), expected pay rate, and your availability/schedule.

Thanks!

James W Powell
04-17-2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks everyone for submitting your samples. I am closing submissions for this project and will be sending out emails today.