PDA

View Full Version : Inker Showcase - André S.

André Stahlschmidt
03-25-2016, 04:27 PM
Here's something I started just for fun and became a good exercise.

I tried to respect Kirby's pencils at maximum, but I took some liberties here and there and added my "personal touch" too. Usually, I work in a more "dirty" way, but to do more justice to Kirby's style I had to hold myself back a little bit and be more "clean".

Some things didn't work 100%, but overall I'm quite satisfied with it. :har:

https://cdn1.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/002/224/897/large/andre-stahlschmidt-cci25032016-d-montado-100-dpi.jpg

Justice41
03-26-2016, 12:15 PM
Ya went and messed up some nice clean pencils. You did no separation of background middle ground and foreground in your line thickness. You changed things for no good reason and messed up the artwork. Fur instance you changed the direction of the lightsource in some panels but did it inconstantly.

André Stahlschmidt
03-26-2016, 03:41 PM
Ya went and messed up some nice clean pencils. You did no separation of background middle ground and foreground in your line thickness. You changed things for no good reason and messed up the artwork. Fur instance you changed the direction of the lightsource in some panels but did it inconstantly.

Well, as I usually say, there's always room for improvement, so I will try to take all your comments into consideration in my next attempt.

For now, if you could tell me exactly where I changed the light source so badly, I will be grateful.

Thanks again. :)

André Stahlschmidt
03-30-2016, 09:06 AM
With the kind permission of forum member Artloader himself, here's my inks (and again some liberties) over the sketch he posted here (http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1849935&postcount=6). ;)

Pencils: Artloader / Inks: André

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19967354/Amostras%20DW/Sylen%20Benevolen.jpg

pandayboss
04-01-2016, 03:59 AM
Awesome inking Andre! Do you still ink on boards or you use digital inking?

André Stahlschmidt
04-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Awesome inking Andre! Do you still ink on boards or you use digital inking?

For the most part, I work in the "traditional" way: paper, inks, pens and everything else. There are times when I do some digital corrections and effects and, most rarely, a digital work from start to finish.

Thanks! :har:

pandayboss
04-03-2016, 12:52 PM
For the most part, I work in the "traditional" way: paper, inks, pens and everything else. There are times when I do some digital corrections and effects and, most rarely, a digital work from start to finish.

Thanks! :har:

I also like the feel of paper and the actual pen and brush. But I started inking on the Wacom Cintiq tablet I barrowed from a friend. Trying it out before I buy my own. I'm still a long shot but I guess it's a matter of adapting to the new technology. It's the new tool of the trade.:laugh:

André Stahlschmidt
04-12-2016, 10:47 PM
I also like the feel of paper and the actual pen and brush. But I started inking on the Wacom Cintiq tablet I barrowed from a friend. Trying it out before I buy my own. I'm still a long shot but I guess it's a matter of adapting to the new technology. It's the new tool of the trade.:laugh:

From time to time I venture into something totally digital, but I still need to learn a lot. :har:

André Stahlschmidt
07-16-2016, 02:01 PM
Inks test page for a comic called Scylla, by Gilby Lawson and Kasey Quevedo.

Pencils by Kasey Quevedo, inks by me.

https://cdnb3.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/003/027/511/large/andre-stahlschmidt-scylla-inks.jpg

VANDAL
07-17-2016, 02:28 PM
I am going to be crucified for this but your lines have no "feeling" to them. No "life". I love that you are working traditionally for the most part because it just can't be replicated with digi inks. A little bit of a lighter hand on some lines would be good for you. Know how to use your thin to heavy lines and do them with confidence.

André Stahlschmidt
07-18-2016, 11:13 AM
I am going to be crucified for this but your lines have no "feeling" to them. No "life". I love that you are working traditionally for the most part because it just can't be replicated with digi inks. A little bit of a lighter hand on some lines would be good for you. Know how to use your thin to heavy lines and do them with confidence.

Thanks for the feedback, Vandal!

I'm still working on to improve my inks, so I'll surely consider your advices in my next attempts!