PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons New Creators Fail

AndrewGuilde
02-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Hey, gang!

I recently offered up my services as an editor for free. Here are the lessons I learned:

3 Reasons New Creators Fail (http://www.aguilde.com)

Steven Forbes
02-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Hey, Andrew.

Just wanted you to know that the link you posted doesn't work. I actually had to go to your base site and then to the article from there.

Interesting reading.

Good luck to you. :)

AndrewGuilde
02-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Thanks Steve for pointing that out. It works now.

Steven Forbes
02-25-2016, 03:21 PM
Lo and behold! So it does!

Michael Ford
02-25-2016, 06:14 PM
These are all helpful things to know. It's nice that you let us know some of the problems editors face when they work with new writers. This is a perspective that we don't hear all that often.

I do have to wonder, since you were a writer for a while, why did these three reasons surprise you? I would imagine that you had some variation of these when you began writing comics.

AndrewGuilde
02-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Hey Michael.

First off, thanks for taking the time out of you day to read my post.

As to your question, I think every writer will face those problems in some form or another. The difference is, the one's who fail (i.e. quit) never get past those hurdles. Hopefully, some new creator reads that article, realizes that what they are feeling and doing is normal, and takes steps to correct their path.

Morganza
02-25-2016, 09:40 PM
I'm working on a story I'd love to get feedback on, it's just not finished yet, how long will you be offering this free service?