PDA

View Full Version : Writer Seeks Artist For Upcoming Webcomic

KidEternity
02-11-2016, 07:42 AM
Hey everyone,

My name is Roddy and I am a writer looking for an artist to create a web comic. I am looking for an artist (who'll hopefully colour too) to collaborate with. I have a few short stories due to be published in various anthology books this year. I will be paying (PM me for specifics), it won't be DC/Marvel rates but I will pay a page rate, (roughly $25 per page, but may be able to negotiate depending on experience) but it will be small unfortunately as this thing will be funded entirely by me. You will be a 50/50 partner/ creator in the project and should any merchandising opportunities arise everything is equal. I hope to update the webcomic weekly for 20 weeks for the first 'series' then we'll see from there. I'll pay every week via paypal once the page goes up.

At the moment the first script is done, I'm creating the website and all I need is an artist to bring it to life. I am a very determined individual and I'm looking for someone to share my passion for this because it's a big commitment for an artist (and for me too). It's something I want to put up online, not to get noticed, but because I feel it is the next step for my writing.

I'm looking for an artist who has done a few projects, that maybe has a fantasy style, but I'm open to whatever if it's cool. Would love to see some samples.

You can have a look at my blog http://roddymccance.tumblr.com/ to see examples of my work. I wont give much away about the project, but it is a mix of Fist Of The North Star, The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past and Game Of Thrones. A mix of fantasy and post apocalyptic, it is about a man caught up in a holy war and his attempt to escape it. If that sounds like something you'd like to draw I'm excited to hear from you! Any questions just hit me up. Hope I've covered everything. Again, I don't want to give too much away, so hopefully I have given enough to get you interested.

Thanks for looking,

Roddy

KidEternity
02-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Thank you so much for all the replies (oh my there was a lot) hopefully get to reply individually to say thanks. But as of right now the position has been filled!

Thanks