PDA

View Full Version : X-Files - The snooze is out there

TheDeeMan
01-28-2016, 08:11 PM
They should have just let this show stay gone like they should have with Heroes.

Dee

Bishop
01-28-2016, 10:12 PM
Agreed. I haven't been this disappointed in a show in a long time.

sevans
01-28-2016, 11:28 PM
I saw it advertised...and didn't watch it.

Can't watch David without thinking of the brilliant Californacation.

usp78
02-07-2016, 09:17 PM
I liked the second episode. The first and third were wack.

omega sentry
02-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Why are you guys talking about it is exactly how the show used to be. Has every one fallen into the most have action fast paced no plot crap in order to be entertaining brain wash?

Bishop
02-11-2016, 01:57 PM
Why are you guys talking about it is exactly how the show used to be. Has every one fallen into the most have action fast paced no plot crap in order to be entertaining brain wash?

No, actually it's not. It used to be a slow burn show that had a twist or shock ending, and little bits of conspiracy were thrown in very deliberately from time to time. The first episode rushed through revealing that the conspiracy they spent years building previously was just a red herring, and showed way more than they should have. It was rushed and the acting between Mulder and Scully was stilted and poorly written.

The show, in the past, capitalized on people's fears and concerns over the unknown and government cover-ups/overreach. This new show should be focusing on how, with today's technology and the revelations of Edward Snowden, the original show was right. The government is listening to and watching you. It has been proven. They should be riding on that. Black Mirror is more XFiles than the new series is.

Stewart Vernon
02-11-2016, 06:23 PM
Interesting... I was an on again off again fan of the original run... I mostly liked the non-UFO non-conspiracy stuff back then. I have liked this new series. It does feel a little different, I can't deny that... but I like it.

omega sentry
02-11-2016, 10:13 PM
No, actually it's not. It used to be a slow burn show that had a twist or shock ending, and little bits of conspiracy were thrown in very deliberately from time to time. The first episode rushed through revealing that the conspiracy they spent years building previously was just a red herring, and showed way more than they should have. It was rushed and the acting between Mulder and Scully was stilted and poorly written.

The show, in the past, capitalized on people's fears and concerns over the unknown and government cover-ups/overreach. This new show should be focusing on how, with today's technology and the revelations of Edward Snowden, the original show was right. The government is listening to and watching you. It has been proven. They should be riding on that. Black Mirror is more XFiles than the new series is.

While I do agree that the first episode was pretty rushed I think that, that's what they had to do in order to catch up to today.

This was a test the waters sort of thing. They only have a short time to prove this show could work now. I wouldn't watch X-files if it was like black mirrors.

They also did what you said they should have, only not the way you want it. They actually cover a factor that is true to today, and the way we handle information. It's here today gone tomorrow and can be easily distracted with other crap that is out there. I believe they would touch on it more and more should there be more episodes but not beat us over the head with it.

The last two episodes are very reminiscent to the old show....I grew up watching those things.

Bishop
02-11-2016, 11:44 PM
...I grew up watching those things.

So did I. Admittedly, I have only watched the first episode of this new run. I may go back and watch some of the other episodes to see if it gets any better when I run out of other things to watch .

Black Mirror is a great show.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
02-12-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm liking this X-Files a lot - very tongue-in-cheek, not afraid to spoof itself, and very touching. It's both familiar and different, and I'm fine with that. Crossing my fingers it continues!

Black Mirror - never heard of it. Sounds intriguing!

(just started watching Millenium... very creepy...)

Bishop
02-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Black Mirror is like a modern Twilight Zone. All the stories center around technology. The most recent episode starring Jon Hamm is brilliant.