PDA

View Full Version : Where/How to post web comics?

Sleepbringer
01-07-2016, 12:32 AM
Hi! I'm Ben, I publish as Pilot Studios (pilotcomics.com). I have a ton of books complete and looking to start updating some of them digitally.

What sites do you guys use to post pages? Or do you post to your own sites? Any info would be helpful and appreciated.

Ben
benferrari44@gmail.com
facebook.com/pilotstudios

Sully
01-07-2016, 12:39 AM
I use my own site, but recently I've been considering putting it up on Tapastic as well. I review a lot of webcomics there and it seems to get good traffic!

Stewart Vernon
01-07-2016, 01:18 AM
I started a Wordpress blog a little over a year ago, and there I post my regular Web comic strip as well as random art and writing whenever the mood strikes. It was a free setup and pretty easy to get a basic configuration going.

I have considered trying to push my comic strip to some other sites for greater visibility but haven't branched out that far just yet.

Sleepbringer
01-07-2016, 01:26 AM
Thanks Sully. Tapastic seems a bit outside my genre, generally. Any more ideas? I used to post to Drunk Duck (changed to Duck I think...) years ago, guess I'm looking for something like that.

There must be a way to easily post to my own site, havn't quite figured out how yet.

Duane Korslund
01-07-2016, 09:32 AM
I post at comic fury...its a pretty large community

Sully
01-07-2016, 11:19 AM
Thanks Sully. Tapastic seems a bit outside my genre, generally. Any more ideas? I used to post to Drunk Duck (changed to Duck I think...) years ago, guess I'm looking for something like that.

There must be a way to easily post to my own site, havn't quite figured out how yet.

Strange. I've read stuff from all sorts of genre's there. I didn't know they had a niche.

Another option could be an art website like DeviantArt or a tumblr but then you're forgoing any chance at ad revenue. (Which you might also be doing with sites like Tapastic. I haven't begun looking into them yet.)

Sleepbringer
01-16-2016, 11:39 PM
I scrolled through a lot of pages on Taptastic... could it be I was stuck in a genre and didnt realize it? Maybe.

Will check out Comic Fury, thanks guys!

artsnake
01-26-2016, 01:09 PM
smackjeeves is pretty good too.