PDA

View Full Version : ANIMAL Webcomic

Sully
01-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Hey there, everyone!

I'm new to the site but I thought I would share the only current ongoing project I have that has any gas in the tank: ANIMAL (www.animalcomic.com).

It's a black and white webcomic, written and (horribly) lettered by myself. Illustrated by individuals far more talented (whom you can find on the "Creator" page!) A serious comic, not comedic, with an ongoing plot between strips.

The one-sentence pitch I like to use for it is:
What would the birth of a super powered animal hero really look like?

http://animalcomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Page10Final.png
-Strip #10 Art by Shawn Decker

I'd love any critiques or suggestions! I've learned a lot in the short time since it began. Making it is a blast, but I'm always looking for ways to improve, so please don't hesitate to share!

hellospaceboy
01-08-2016, 06:57 PM
Hi, I really like the comic! Love the tone and the subject matter, can't wait to see what comes next...

My only suggestion would be to make it easier to find the comic itself on your website. My instinct was to click on the cover page, and it took me a long moment to find the "strips" menu option. As first impression, the site didn't look like a webcomic. It just needs a little fine tuning :)

Also, in the creators section, you should probably fix the grammar in Zhukoff's introduction, I understand that English is his second language, but you should make him look good by correcting his mistakes.

But again, the comic is good and I will follow it for sure! Seems like a really good project!

Sully
01-09-2016, 05:08 PM
I was on the fence about that. I didn't want to change any of his intent by paraphrasing but you're right! I'll go tweak that.

As for the site, I have no problems admitting I have no idea what I'm doing. XD I messed with it as long as I could and this was about as good as it got for me. I CAN however easily turn the cover into a link to the first strip. Paying a grand to have one designed for me just isn't feasible, and I couldn't find a better template where I looked.

If you have suggestions for templates I'd love to see them and thanks so much for the feedback!

hellospaceboy
01-09-2016, 07:53 PM
Making the front cover a link to the first strip is a good idea, I think.

To be honest, designing my website was pretty hard for me, too. I built the entire site on 3 different platform before I found one that I was happy with. I currently use squarespace, it's very user friendly. My webcomic is on hiatus till February 3rd, but here's the site, all my back catalog is still up there... www.observatorycomics.com
I never stop fine tuning it, either.

EDIT: I didn't link to my site because I think yours should have the same layout at all!