PDA

View Full Version : Writer Seeks Artist - Pencils/Inks for Concept Drawings

Krat Brandow
12-04-2015, 12:41 AM
I am launching a very different kind of zombie comic.

To begin, I need someone to do six concept drawings to use in a Kickstarter campaign. Some drawings are single pictures, some are 3-4-panel sequences.

Pay is $250 for the set of six drawings.

Please submit samples of/links to your art work. Based on those I will contact you to talk about the project and provide you with detailed descriptions of the artwork that is needed. Also, please provide a brief resume or summary of your experience (extensive experience NOT required).

I am looking for someone who can draw fluid action sequences, create highly distinctive and easily recognizable characters, and do complex and moody outdoor and man-built settings. I am a big fan of the artwork William Messner-Loebs did for his 1980ís comic book Journey. However, I am not set on any one artistic style and am anxious to see various possible approaches.

If the Kickstarter campaign is successful, the plan is to use the money to pay an artist a respectable page rate to draw the first issue and to do a print publication. If the process of creating the concept drawings goes well for both parties, my hope is that the artist who does the concept drawings will continue through with the actual comic book, so there is a possibility of ongoing work.

The overall story arc is long and complex. The first six issues are fully scripted (including panel layout). I can provided interested artists with a more detailed description and explanation of this unique story.

Payment will be via Paypall: $100 within 3 days of when pencil sketches are submitted and accepted; $150 within 3 days of when inked drawings are submitted and accepted. This is a work-for-hire job.

My name is Brandon Keat (email name Krat Brandow), of Pittsburgh, PA (home of the original zombie apocalypse!). This is my first comic book venture. You can see a sample of my fiction writing at the literary journal Storyglossia: http://www.storyglossia.com/27/bk_wanda.html

Also, if you Google Brandon Keat Tribune-Review you can see some of the approximately 2,000 newspaper articles I authored between 2000 and 2006.

Send submissions and inquiries to me at az30bk@gmail.com