PDA

View Full Version : Warcraft

Moonrider
11-08-2015, 06:27 AM
Sooo... No buzz around this movie yet?
2Rxoz13Bthc

It looks pretty cool, I think. Certainly no worse than The Hobbit.

Duane Korslund
11-09-2015, 09:30 AM
since I was injecting WoW for about 5 years I'm pretty excited to see the movie, I always loved the Lore.

Bishop
11-09-2015, 10:17 AM
I know a LOT of people that got seriously addicted to this game, but I've never played it myself. The trailer has me interested, but I have the same issue with it that I've had with the WoW videos I've seen in the past... The Orcs look ridiculous. Those protruding lower fangs really irritate me for some reason.

Moonrider
11-09-2015, 11:24 AM
Never played World of Warcraft either, but I did play Warcraft 3. This movie starts the story from way back in Orcs Vs. Humans though. The orc fangs don't bother me, but I got used to seeing the ridiculously large human proportions in the game that the human faction in this movie look more ridiculous with their slender, normal looking body wearing huge armor and large shoulder pads. Also, that green baby. It looks... creepy.

Duane Korslund
11-09-2015, 11:40 AM
that green baby (probably Thrall) practically glowed...it was weird...

Moonrider
11-10-2015, 01:12 AM
For now I'm calling the baby 'Turquoise Moses'.

dannycruz
11-10-2015, 02:52 PM
The Orcs look ridiculous. Those protruding lower fangs really irritate me for some reason.

it might be because protruding lower fangs is typically a beastial trait so we're used to seeing those types of fangs accompanying creature-type faces. these orcs have human looking faces so it creates an odd juxtaposition i think. the fangs look more like a cheap halloween prop than something that is structurally a part of them.

I'm pretty disappointed with the orcs in general. they look like sub-standard cg hulks in fantasy cosplay....not feeling it..

Bishop
11-10-2015, 03:29 PM
the fangs look more like a cheap halloween prop than something that is structurally a part of them.

I'm pretty disappointed with the orcs in general. they look like sub-standard cg hulks in fantasy cosplay....not feeling it..

Yeah. That's what I was getting from it as well. They still have time to polish it up, but those looked like they are the finished effects. Otherwise, why make them so prominent in the trailer.

I'm hoping for the best. I enjoyed Duncan's movie, Moon.

Moonrider
11-13-2015, 08:24 AM
There's actually two kinds of orcs there, the normal ones and the green ones tainted by demon blood. So technically only half the orcs are sub-standard cg hulks...

omega sentry
11-23-2015, 11:19 PM
Yeah. That's what I was getting from it as well. They still have time to polish it up, but those looked like they are the finished effects. Otherwise, why make them so prominent in the trailer.

I'm hoping for the best. I enjoyed Duncan's movie, Moon.

To each their own I suppose, I really love the way the Warcraft orcs look like they look like their own race not a race that came from another race because of corruption... *Coughs* lord of the ring orcs *cough* lotr orcs looked more human than beastly.