PDA

View Full Version : iPad question

WarrenM
10-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Question. Can anyone recommend a good, not too costly, stylus pen for iPad using Sketchbook?

ponyrl
10-11-2015, 08:12 PM
I just use a Dagi 508.

WarrenM
10-12-2015, 01:48 AM
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Stewart Vernon
10-12-2015, 03:30 PM
I hesitated to mention it... but might be worth a look down the road... whenever the new larger iPad comes out Apple is also releasing a new stylus/pen to go with that. It sounded pretty cool... but the whole package of a new/large iPad plus pen accessory is expensive. What wasn't clear, however, was IF that new pen could be used on the smaller recent iPad models.

Bishop
10-12-2015, 04:07 PM
I hesitated to mention it... but might be worth a look down the road... whenever the new larger iPad comes out Apple is also releasing a new stylus/pen to go with that. It sounded pretty cool... but the whole package of a new/large iPad plus pen accessory is expensive. What wasn't clear, however, was IF that new pen could be used on the smaller recent iPad models.

The "Pencil" only works on the iPad Pro for now since it requires the new screen to work. I suspect they will add that ability in to newer iPads as they launch in the future.

Stewart Vernon
10-13-2015, 05:18 PM
The "Pencil" only works on the iPad Pro for now since it requires the new screen to work. I suspect they will add that ability in to newer iPads as they launch in the future.

Thanks for that... makes sense. Down the road maybe new versions of the smaller iPads will support it as well, but I had forgotten about the new screen technology.

If I could afford it, the larger iPad + Pencil would be the way I'd go since I'm pretty heavy into the Apple ecosystem already... but it's definitely a thing I'd have to save up for.

Bishop
10-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Fortunately, in my position at work I get the new tech gadgets to test, since I help support them if we adopt them. I should be getting an iPad Pro, keyboard, and Pencil when they are released in November. I will post my thoughts on here once I've had some time with it.

Stewart Vernon
10-13-2015, 11:53 PM
That would be awesome! One of the things lacking on new products are reviews from people who will use them in the way real people will use them VS how the company tells you to use them.

Not knocking product reviews, but whether good or bad they often are just reviews of how the manufacturer tells you to use them and not how someone in a particular field actually is able to use them to do what they want to do.