PDA

View Full Version : Critiques and Opinions Welcom

Scott_Story
09-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Hey, Digital Webbing people. I used to come here a lot, but it's been about three years since I've been through here.

Here below is a very standard page from my comic--nothing special, no unusual effort. I'm not listing the comic's name, because this is not spam or a secret "check out my comic" post.

What I need is its pulse taken. How does the coloring stack up? Where are my color skills lacking? I'm not asking for anyone to be mean-hearted, but an honest assessment would be appreciated.

http://pre02.deviantart.net/1487/th/pre/f/2015/252/0/d/color_test_by_johnny_saturn-d98zc5q.jpg

zcotty
09-10-2015, 04:07 AM
The one thing that jumps out at me as something that could use a second look at is the smoke. It looks very much like a wall. Without knowing the story, I'm left wondering if that is a cave wall or more of the smoke in the 3rd and the 8th panel.

The skin tone might be slightly on the "burnt" side. By that I mean it looks like you used the Burn tool. Did you use the Burn and Dodge tools?

Panel 6 and 8 have a nice skin tone.

Comic book coloring isn't exactly my best department; pencils are more my thing, but I think that other than that the colors are pretty solid.

SDulaney
09-10-2015, 10:30 AM
Scott! Long time no see.

I'm digging it. Mainly because you are using a brighter palate than so many people use. Nice old school feel with some modern effects.