PDA

View Full Version : high res JOE MAD pencils???

Rob Norton
09-09-2015, 12:28 AM
anyone know of a place, or HAVE any high resolution copies of Joe Mad pencils? im looking to practice my horrible inking technique on and I want to do it on his art...

and im having a hard time finding a high res file... SO..if anyone has anything that can help, ill..i don't know..buy you a cookie or something..

rob

khperkins
09-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Google is your friend: https://encrypted.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=joe%20mad%20pencils&tbs=imgo:1#q=joe+mad+pencils&tbs=imgo:1,isz:l&tbm=isch

Rob Norton
09-09-2015, 10:56 PM
Google is your friend: https://encrypted.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=joe%20mad%20pencils&tbs=imgo:1#q=joe+mad+pencils&tbs=imgo:1,isz:l&tbm=isch

yeah...see... I can do that. im not a total dipnard. but none of those that come up in that search are HIGH RESOLUTION. like.. high quality.. not low to low-middle resolution.. which is why im asking if anyone has specifically what im looking for.

DaveyDouble
09-10-2015, 05:35 AM
I think you're going to struggle mate. Joe Mad makes a pretty penny selling his originals, so the likelihood of there being print resolution pencil samples knocking around is small.

I'd take the highest resolution you can find and work on those ones.

Are you printing them out or going digital?

khperkins
09-10-2015, 08:39 AM
You don't need super hi-res pics to ink over. Most of the bigger ones are actually more than good enough for practicing technique.

Rob Norton
09-10-2015, 06:37 PM
I think you're going to struggle mate. Joe Mad makes a pretty penny selling his originals, so the likelihood of there being print resolution pencil samples knocking around is small.

I'd take the highest resolution you can find and work on those ones.

Are you printing them out or going digital?

you are probably right. im just gonna give it a try with what ive found.

I only work on paper, not digital, so... I guess ill try inking on a lightbox and new paper from a print out of the original.

Rob Norton
09-10-2015, 06:37 PM
You don't need super hi-res pics to ink over. Most of the bigger ones are actually more than good enough for practicing technique.

yeah im gonna try it and see just how badly I can butcher some pro pencillers work.