PDA

View Full Version : anthro - werewolf Kickass in comics

Lopa
07-25-2015, 09:35 AM
hello ,someone know good kickass comics with anthros or werewolves?

Would be awesome when you can Post them in this Thread

with anthros i mean all animals

dinosaurs

reptiles , (lizards)

hyenas , lions ,leopards , bears ,

Blue Wolf
07-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Wolf Moon from DC's Vertigo line came out within the last year. I don't know if it's in trade paperback yet.

Night of 1,000 Wolves from IDW came out several years ago, it was 3 issues and that is in trade paperback. Don't know how easy/hard it is to find. I picked up my copy from the artist at a convention.

The Astounding Wolf-Man is one I haven't gotten around to checking out yet. The artist for that had several trades of it at his table at Motor City Comic Con two years ago and I was going to grab some on my way out at the end of the day, but forgot. He said they were written by the guy who wrote the walking dead. It looked promising.

Of course I have both volumes of Essential Werewolf by Night from Marvel comics, that's fun 70's horror comics.

Werewolf by Night by Paul Jenkins from Marvel in the 90s were some of my favorite WBN stories EVER but they never finished the series! It was right when Marvel was going bankrupt, and after issue 4 they published WBN and Man-Thing together with a backup story in a new horror anthology format, but the sales tanked because the price was so high since the book was so big from being over double sized. I talked to Paul and a convention recently and he still remembers and told me a bunch of stuff they already finished but never published, and plans for the series beyond that.. :(

I have to mention that time Captain America was a Werewolf. They have a trade paperback of the Cap-Wolf arc, but it's widely regarded as a joke. I remember being younger and picking it up every month off the spinner racks in the bookstore at the mall, so I remember it fondly.

I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that I can think off of the top of my head.

As far at anthro.. probably NOT what you're thinking of, but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fills that requirement AND it's one of the best comics on the shelves right now. If you're looking for something more "fuzzy" check out the Alopex (Snow Fox) or Old Hob (Cat) spotlight issue of the Villains micro series and the Southampton arc of the main TMNT series

Lopa
07-25-2015, 05:18 PM
Hello thank you so much

im from germany , unknow comic would be cool too