PDA

View Full Version : Bullets & Angels - comic - Kickstarter

Comics Write Me
06-06-2015, 07:51 PM
I’m Brian Byrd the writer and co-creator of the comic Bullets & Angels.

There are over 7,000 comic book Kickerstarters live at any given time, so why back Bullets & Angels? Well, there are plenty of reasons why, but I will just note the big one. The team working on this project has put hundreds of hours into making it different. We didn’t want to make a “good” comic. We wanted to make a GREAT one…and we did!

Please be sure and check it out if you have the time. Many thanks!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1028017026/bullets-and-angels-rosary

khperkins
06-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Douche.

Bishop
06-06-2015, 10:52 PM
Douche.

...?

Comics Write Me
06-06-2015, 10:53 PM
Douche.

Thank you!

khperkins
06-07-2015, 08:22 AM
So people are wondering why I just posted a one word reply before. Simply the fact that you joined the site, and your first post is to promote your Kickstarter. No going around saying hi, or getting to know what's up, just blam! "You don't know me, but go support me." That's kind of a douche move, really. Also this was originally posted in the Creator Community, and not in this one. I like it when people promote their projects, but not if they join a community just for that purpose.

Steven Forbes
06-07-2015, 09:34 AM
I moved it to where it should have been.

I wasn't wondering why he one word reply. I understood it.

The OP will learn. Eventually. Maybe.

Michael Ford
06-07-2015, 10:36 AM
So people are wondering why I just posted a one word reply before. Simply the fact that you joined the site, and your first post is to promote your Kickstarter. No going around saying hi, or getting to know what's up, just blam! "You don't know me, but go support me." That's kind of a douche move, really.

...I kinda have to agree with this.

Granted, I think 'Douche' was not a great way to do that, but the point here does stand. Yes, you can join the community to only promote your kickstarter, but that doesn't leave a good impression on you.

Even more so, I checked your kickstarter page and saw that you had created 2 projects but haven't even backed one yet. Again, you can do that, but people do notice that kind of stuff and it does leave a bad taste in their mouth.

Alyssa
06-11-2015, 09:57 PM
Yes, you can join the community to only promote your kickstarter, but that doesn't leave a good impression on you.

Even more so, I checked your kickstarter page and saw that you had created 2 projects but haven't even backed one yet. Again, you can do that, but people do notice that kind of stuff and it does leave a bad taste in their mouth.

I second this. ;)

His book's funded, which means he's learned since the first time he tried to kickstart this comic.

I won't be backing this comic, despite backing a stupid amount of kickstarters. Besides the whole "first communication with a community is to ask money off them" thing, the book looks low quality.

I read the sample pages on the campaign page. The writing strikes me as disjointed, pointless, and trying too hard to be edgy. And I have no idea why the main character starts a sentence as an internal monologue, only to finish that sentence screaming it out loud. Do you know how weird that would be in real life? I don't see any evidence of an editor, here. That's the main reason I'm not backing, and I suspect it'll be the reason that a lot of readers who pick up issue #1 won't be picking up issue #2.

The artist is decent, but still learning. Perspective is wrong, the woman doesn't look like she's actually in the demon's hand, and the book cover/t-shirt design is a really, really bad photobash. The colourist isn't helping with their abundant use of neutral grey and nonsensical shadows/highlights.

Also, why is Wolverine the main character? :whistlin:

If you want to get into Image, I recommend getting a reputable editor on board, and saving your money until you can afford artists/colourists that are great (rather than just decent).

My 2 cents!

Comics Write Me
06-12-2015, 08:05 AM
Greetings.

Wow thank you everyone for the criticism and comments . As the creator of the comic I would like to address a couple of things. Firstly, I would like to take a few moments to try and address your concerns. But before I do so, I would like to apologize for just coming in and blindly making a post: "post to promote your Kickstarter. No going around saying hi, or getting to know what's up, just blam" Looking back now, you know yeah that may have been "Douchey" of me. I had just made my Kickstarter, and I was really excited, and I just wanted to shout about it from the rooftops. Also, I posted it in the wrong area. Again, I'm sorry. That won't happen again. And that wasn't the right way to go about letting people know about the project. Lesson learned the hard way

Michael Ford: Thank you, sir for checking out the Kickstarter. Yes, I have created two Kickstarters. This one, and one before, the first one failed because I didn't reach out and tell people about it. (What I was trying to do here). As far to say that I've never backed anyone else's project. I have. I have actually backed three projects, two of them being on IndieGoGo, and one on Kickstarter.

Alyssa: Ma'am, yes, my comic is indeed fully funded. And yes, you're right I have learned a lot (TONS) since my first one. And as you can see here I am still learning. I'm sorry to hear that you won't be backing the project because you feel that it "looks low quality." and the writing may indeed be, "disjointed, pointless, and trying too hard to be edgy." It was my first time to ever sit and and write a comic. It other other words in was my first script, and I'm sure there are lots of newbie mistakes in it.

You make mention that you, "have no idea why the main character starts a sentence as an internal monologue, only to finish that sentence screaming it out loud. Do you know how weird that would be in real life?" Yes...yes I do. HAHA, but please allow me to tell you about Ace the main character. The reason he goes back and forth with himself like that is because he's crazy. And he talks to himself. No really he's mad.

I hope that you might rethink giving it a chance.

You go also go on and mention that, "The artist is decent, but still learning. Perspective is wrong, the woman doesn't look like she's actually in the demon's hand, and the book cover/t-shirt design is a really, really bad photobash. The colourist isn't helping with their abundant use of neutral grey and nonsensical shadows/highlights."

Well, as far as the art team goes, I will have to hold my ground and disagree you there. I for one, and I don't think I'm alone in saying this because we met our Kickstarter goal under 4 days. Think the art is very well done. (http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/features/132020-bullets-and-angels-what-more-do-you-want.html)

"Also, why is Wolverine the main character?"
Well, the short answer is, he's not. He's in Vegas baby, and the sideburns are more Elvis than Wolverine.

And with that, I hope that I answered your questions and concerns. If you have any more. Please don't be shy!

Brian