PDA

View Full Version : DW Mighty Team-Up Challenge: Phase 2

paul brian deberry
05-18-2015, 10:50 PM
DW Mighty Team-up Challenge: Phase 2

The teams for DW MIGHTY TEAM-UP CHALLENGE can be found here (http://tiny.cc/jyahyx).

Thanky you! Thank you! To everyone that signed up. Buncha amazingly talented creators ALL of you.

The Theme

Heroes and Villains. The catch, NO capes and cowls.

Two long time enemies, will reluctantly team up, to battle a greater foe, while hiding their true identity from each others!

Doesn't matter the genre or how you interpret it, just have fun, work together and create.

The Requirements

3-8 Pages
Standard 6.625" 10.25" size
Must be original work (or work you have the rights to)
Colored or black and white accepted
Be a mostly self-contained story
Include title credits of all persons working on it
Fulfill the theme requirements

THINGS TO HELP THINGS.

1. For the sake of time. The writer for each team is the organizer. He will contact every member of the team-up. Their DW names are listed in the link and you should be able to PM them. He will get emails and make arrangements. This does not make him the captain of the ship.

1b. If you do not hear from your organizer by Wednesday, check to make sure your PM box has space, they may have tried to PM and it bounced because your box was full, PM them and or PM me.

2. This is 100% a team effort. Everyone! Everyone is to be involved in the process.

3. You should be honest, upfront and gracious with with your thoughts and or concerns.

4. Your time is limited. The Pencilers and Inkers are going to need the most time be sure that you plan accordingly.

5. Don't flake out. If something comes up. Don't be a dick just tell someone. If you're not "vibing" on the project do the right thing. Tell that person (maybe you can fix it) or make an excuse. Either way just be upfront. Don't leave your team hanging.

6. You never know. This could lead to a beautiful friendship and the next great comic project.

OTHER THINGS

1. Tuesday. Tuesday is day one of 60 days. 60 days from Tuesday will be your deadline. July 26 is a Sunday. 11:59 est is when you tell me you have a project to post.

2. Sadly it looks like the sponsor has flaked out. They never followed up with me. I will figure something out. The chances are slim that we will have any sorta prize.

3.We managed to get three judges. I will keep them on call just incase a sponsor reappears. The judges are welcome to help during the editing process if that interests them. That would be entirely up to the teams and only if we didn't get a sponsor.

That is it for now. Any questions or concerns just post them and REMEMBER have fun.

AustinHamblin
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM
Awh yeah! Can't wait!

Stewart Vernon
05-20-2015, 04:19 AM
Oh, by the way... when I filled out that form I was still "HDMe" here... but I had them change my username to my actual name, so don't let that confuse you when you post the teams.

paul brian deberry
05-20-2015, 10:55 PM
DW Mighty Team-up Challenge: Phase 2

The teams for DW MIGHTY TEAM-UP CHALLENGE can be found here (http://tiny.cc/jyahyx).

Thanky you! Thank you! To everyone that signed up. Buncha amazingly talented creators ALL of you.

paul brian deberry
05-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Six teams! Five almost complete teams! Why five almost complete teams? We only had one colorist sign-up. :(

DaveyDouble
05-21-2015, 05:30 AM
Team DropBeef will destroy you and send your mother flowers.

Stinty
05-21-2015, 05:36 AM
Just checking - is the writer for Team Bicepslam me (Stinty - it says Stintk which doesn't seem to be a usrname here)?

Michael Ford
05-21-2015, 04:10 PM
It is so awesome to finally start this.

I have a question. By no capes or cowls, does that mean no superheroes or simply no superheroes with capes?

paul brian deberry
05-21-2015, 07:05 PM
Just checking - is the writer for Team Bicepslam me (Stinty - it says Stintk which doesn't seem to be a usrname here)?

Sorry Travis! I just misspelled your name. I corrected it.

paul brian deberry
05-21-2015, 07:08 PM
It is so awesome to finally start this.

I have a question. By no capes or cowls, does that mean no superheroes or simply no superheroes with capes?

Interpret it how you like. Either way works.

Michael Ford
05-21-2015, 11:42 PM
Okay, thanks for that.

dmh_3000
05-22-2015, 04:34 AM
Sweet, I made it in. Hopefully won't let you down.

AustinHamblin
05-27-2015, 08:39 PM
Anyone else having any trouble can't get a hold of two members in my team I pmed them, but nothing...

paul brian deberry
05-28-2015, 02:39 AM
this maybe one of those cases where the member checks in ever few days/weeks. Keep at them. They may have linked their homepage to their profile. Might be able to find an email there.

paul brian deberry
05-30-2015, 01:00 PM
First causality of our MIGHTY DW TEAM-UP CHALLENGE!

:(

AustinHamblin
06-07-2015, 09:26 PM
I heard from my balloon man but thats about it. Sucks I was excited for this :(

paul brian deberry
06-07-2015, 09:48 PM
(You can always count on those artist type to be a buncha party poopers.)

There is still time.

This thing isn't flatlining yet.

Stewart Vernon
06-07-2015, 10:56 PM
(You can always count on those artist type to be a buncha party poopers.)

There is still time.

This thing isn't flatlining yet.

Yeah... we've got the Alpha and the Omega here... but the tasty filling hasn't shown up yet I guess!

dmh_3000
06-08-2015, 01:26 AM
Just got my script finished. Had to throw out my old one, sadly, but hopefully this will do better.

Forgot to ask something, Paul. Do I need to send you the script to look over?

paul brian deberry
06-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Just got my script finished. Had to throw out my old one, sadly, but hopefully this will do better.

Forgot to ask something, Paul. Do I need to send you the script to look over?

Nope. I wouldn't mind reading it, but you don't have to share if you don't like.

paul brian deberry
06-19-2015, 11:33 AM
Anyone want share any updates? I've heard from one team. Anyone else?

Don't be shy, feel free to share as you complete stuff. It's always fun to see projects as they are being completed.

paul brian deberry
07-05-2015, 02:35 PM
Sorry guys. Looks like this thing is dead. Got news from several teams last week and the course of the challenge that they wouldn't be able to complete their ends.

I take responsibility. I should have casted myself in a bigger role as an editor or something.

I will put the irons to a few people and come up with a better end game.

We will do this again.

Thread closed.