PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Script Readers

scrappy
05-07-2015, 06:02 PM
In the coming weeks I would like some people to take a look at some of my scripts and give me their opinion.

Not necessarily someone to do a heavy edit (you certainly can if you want to), but just hear your thoughts. What's good/bad. What works/doesn't work. Things like that. Like a beta reader. I would also be interested in swapping scripts if that helps.

The scripts are relatively small 5-13 pages or so. I would prefer dealing w/ people directly, not just posting the scripts up on the forum. So if you're interested you can post here or PM me directly and I'll send them over. Thanks

maverick
05-08-2015, 12:38 PM
http://www.mzbworks.com/advice.htm

Never listen to criticism from anyone unless they can sign a check. Never mind what your best friend, or your aunt, or your English teacher thinks. Trust only professional criticism.

StevenHudkins
05-08-2015, 02:15 PM
I'd be happy to look at them and give you my thoughts but, like maverick is saying, take my comments with a grain of salt.

Feel free to e-mail me at shudkins at gmail dot com.

SamRoads
05-10-2015, 05:32 PM
MZB's advice is curiously self defeating.

"Forget the "creative writing" classes in school or college; if the writer is a good-selling professional he should be selling, not teaching, and if he isn't, he has nothing to teach you."

In her article, she is teaching us. Something of the Oroborous about that. :)

(In case it's not clear, I absolute disagree with MZB. Teachers are amazing, in every discipline. The best teachers are not the best practitioners.)

All that said, mail me if you want feedback. sam (at) samroads (dot) co (dot) uk

gmartyt
05-13-2015, 02:59 AM
I'll take a look at one of your scripts, if you want. E-mail me at gmartyt at gmail dot com.