PDA

View Full Version : Poseable skeleton app

Newt
05-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Well, this looks awesome. Too bad it's only available for mobile devices.

g0-XuhHMY5Y

Duane Korslund
05-06-2015, 10:31 AM
Looks better than 3d Pose Tool...that app was kind of a pain in the arse...took longer to pose the damn thing than it did to experiment and figure it out.

DaveyDouble
05-06-2015, 10:32 AM
There's a couple of those anatomy apps around already, and they are all a pain in the arse to use.

If, however, it has a library of poses that can be tweaked, that might make it slightly interesting...

Duane Korslund
05-06-2015, 10:37 AM
yeah, I took a look at the app page...$7.00 kind of a turn off...plus, no muscles and only adult male figure. Women and children would be good. Does have dynamic lighting which is cool...I dunno...gotta ponder it before plunking down cash.

DaveyDouble
05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
It's no different really than any of the others. And they are all terrible.

I've mentioned it before, but what would be miles and miles more helpful (at least personally) would a virtual 'Location Scout' app where you can frame and capture scenic shots to use as reference for backgrounds.

The main difficulty I always find (and the things that frustrates me most looking at other peoples perspective work) is that vanishing points are always vastly too close to look right, and what ends up happening is the entire view is massively distorted.

Now if someone were to build an app that allowed you to navigate a variety of detailed locations and snap pictures on your phone or tablet that you could use in setting up your shots and backgrounds, with perspective grid overlays, detailed, lit and wireframe rendering options, I would absolutely pay for that.

If I knew how to do it myself I'd have done it already.

Do you know what would be an incredible feature for pose apps though?
Using the main camera to view your hand on a phone, and then being able to manipulate the figure that way, or any of the parameters in an app.

Tap the screen with your thumb to select the bone, point the camera at your other hand and move it around to manipulate the virtual figure.
That. THAT I would buy.

Duane Korslund
05-06-2015, 11:07 AM
It's no different really than any of the others. And they are all terrible.

I've mentioned it before, but what would be miles and miles more helpful (at least personally) would a virtual 'Location Scout' app where you can frame and capture scenic shots to use as reference for backgrounds.

The main difficulty I always find (and the things that frustrates me most looking at other peoples perspective work) is that vanishing points are always vastly too close to look right, and what ends up happening is the entire view is massively distorted.

Now if someone were to build an app that allowed you to navigate a variety of detailed locations and snap pictures on your phone or tablet that you could use in setting up your shots and backgrounds, with perspective grid overlays, detailed, lit and wireframe rendering options, I would absolutely pay for that.

If I knew how to do it myself I'd have done it already.

Do you know what would be an incredible feature for pose apps though?
Using the main camera to view your hand on a phone, and then being able to manipulate the figure that way, or any of the parameters in an app.

Tap the screen with your thumb to select the bone, point the camera at your other hand and move it around to manipulate the virtual figure.
That. THAT I would buy.

The hand thing would be huge! I'm tempted to learn how to write apps just to do that...been meaning to learn a language! lol...the perspective thing would be a great idea too...though, you'd think it'd be as simple as learning to space your vanishing points well outside of the frame. Thats like one of the golden rules isnt it?

DaveyDouble
05-06-2015, 01:17 PM
It might be a golden rule, but try doing it mate.
Especially if you're working digitally.
The perspective rule tools, while in theory the perfect solution are next to unusable as far as I've found for using on a sequential page.

In the end, I've taken to using Sketch up to build really simple sets and moved the camera to get a consistent location.
But its seriously limited. If it was an FPS style setup, it would be -really- easy as you'd just be navigating your way around a level/map and capturing screenshots.

For the gesture control, you'd need a way of the tablet or phone being able to recognise the shape of a hand from a 2D image and then track its 3D motion like the Kinect does.

In an ideal world, this community would have ties to an Android or other development community, be able to poll for a suitable project and then raise funds to develop the tool for everyone to use a bit like Kickstarter.
Learning to code is going to take away time from the art, and the best case is both suffer in equal measure.

Duane Korslund
05-06-2015, 01:21 PM
It might be a golden rule, but try doing it mate.
Especially if you're working digitally.
The perspective rule tools, while in theory the perfect solution are next to unusable as far as I've found for using on a sequential page.

It is a huge pain. I usually just extend my canvas to like...30x30 and put my points way out there. Its quite the hassle to zoom in and out when extending the lines out. The app would definitely help.