PDA

View Full Version : New joker....

omega sentry
05-01-2015, 08:26 PM
OMG why is DC dropping the ball so bad???

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Jared-Leto-Joker-Tattoos-Teeth.jpg

I feel that they need to rip his face off and stich it back together.

OMG...it's like a street tuhg meets kevin from home alone...

Bishop
05-01-2015, 09:29 PM
This isn't much better...

https://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2015/04/ben-affleck-batman-suit-color-850x560.jpg

Jason Powell
05-01-2015, 11:19 PM
This Joker reminds me of Marilyn Manson. :confused:

http://galeri7.uludagsozluk.com/294/marilyn-manson_394824.jpg

But Ben Affleck's Batman Kicks @$$. Best looking version to date if you ask me.

-Jason

Bishop
05-02-2015, 12:56 AM
I like the costume. I just don't like the costume on Ben Affleck. He look like he is constantly pouting.

Buckyrig
05-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Suicide Squad seems like an odd pick to make a movie anyway. At least without being in the position Marvel is with its movies.

Was Joker ever in Suicide Squad anyway? I always thought Harley being a member was ridiculous enough.

Jason Powell
05-02-2015, 01:51 PM
I like the costume. I just don't like the costume on Ben Affleck. He look like he is constantly pouting.

Must not be a fan of Batman cause he is not a happy-go-lucky guy. :har:

-Jason

Bishop
05-02-2015, 01:55 PM
There's a difference between menacing and brooding and standing with slumped shoulder with a pouty face. I'm a huge batman fan. That's why it bothers me.

Jason Powell
05-02-2015, 04:35 PM
There's a difference between menacing and brooding and standing with slumped shoulder with a pouty face. I'm a huge batman fan. That's why it bothers me.

Being Pouty is an expression of being broody. Your not happy when you are broody.

And if you look at Bale's version it had the same pouty look.

And previous versions (KEATON, CLOONEY, KILMER) had a sort of blank expressions when they where not smiling. None of them look Broody except a few scenes.

As far being menacing, which do you prefer...

This?
http://www.wallpapersmovie.com/images/wallpapers/batman-519471.jpeg

or

This?
http://i1.wp.com/batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/CDFWkrwVAAAJcmB.jpg?w=800&quality=85&strip=info

-Jason

Bishop
05-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Look up the definition of pouting and brooding and you will see you are wrong.

Jason Powell
05-03-2015, 02:45 AM
Look up the definition of pouting and brooding and you will see you are wrong.

Nope being pouty means your in a bad mood.

Definition of BROODY
1. moody; meditative; introspective

Definition of POUTY
sulky 1
: expressive of displeasure

Bishop
05-03-2015, 09:00 AM
This is what I find...

Brooding:
showing deep unhappiness of thought.
"he stared with brooding eyes"
appearing darkly menacing.
"a dark, brooding landscape"

Pouting:
push one's lips or one's bottom lip forward as an expression of petulant annoyance or in order to make oneself look sexually attractive.
"she lounged on the steps, pouting"
synonyms: look petulant, pull a face, look sulky
"Crystal pouted sullenly"
(of a person's lips) be pushed forward.
"her lips pouted provocatively"

Pouting is 'The Joker hurt my feelings!'
Brooding is 'The Joker will hurt everyone's feelings if I don't stop him.'

Either way, I won't change your mind and you won't change mine. I'm a fan and I hope they pull this movie off without it being a train wreck. I am just very skeptical based on every still they've released thus far. The costume looks great, though.

Buckyrig
05-03-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm a fan and I hope they pull this movie off without it being a train wreck. I am just very skeptical based on every still they've released thus far. The costume looks great, though.

Frankly, everything that's been released about the movie doesn't bode well.

Hey, anyone seen this?

watch?v=Du-eYiD9OfM

Jason Powell
05-03-2015, 03:33 PM
See you only give the definition of the expression for pouting. Not the definition of the emotion, "being pouty".

Being pouty means you are unhappy, sulking, which is an emotion felt when being Broody.

So my statement is true.

And Batman should be pouty as well as angry and self loathing. The whole reason he is a vigilante is because he lost his Mother and Father so became something darker than what he hates even taking they symbol of something that scares him. That is what separates Batman from a Sherlock Holmes. There is that side of him, but their is also that tragic side.

So I agree we can disagree on this but saying I do not know what I am talking about is false. Once again being pouty is an expression of being broody.

-Jason

Bishop
05-03-2015, 03:37 PM
Well, I did say he looks like he is pouting. Therefore, I am obviously referring to the expression and how he carries himself.

Jason Powell
05-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Well, I did say he looks like he is pouring. Therefore, I am obviously referring to the depression and how he carries himself.

Yes but looking pouty is an expression of being pouty which is an expression of being broody. See how that works together? So his expression is broody.

Jason Powell
05-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Well, I did say he looks like he is pouring. Therefore, I am obviously referring to the depression and how he carries himself.

Yes but looking pouty is an expression of being pouty which is an emotion of being broody. See how that works together? So his expression is broody.

Bishop
05-03-2015, 11:17 PM
Nope. We'll agree to disagree. At least, I will.

Jason Powell
05-03-2015, 11:42 PM
Well that is the definition of the words. I can't argue elogical logic.

But we are going by one pic so let's see the movie and then make our judgements.

sevans
05-04-2015, 01:00 AM
It's a different take.
I thought that cheerful, goofy acting Heath Ledger would be rubbish.....

I'll wait for the film and see how he goes.

omega sentry
05-05-2015, 07:39 PM
Suicide Squad seems like an odd pick to make a movie anyway. At least without being in the position Marvel is with its movies.

Was Joker ever in Suicide Squad anyway? I always thought Harley being a member was ridiculous enough.

He was in squad cannon, but not in the squad roster.

Frankly, everything that's been released about the movie doesn't bode well.

Hey, anyone seen this?

watch?v=Du-eYiD9OfM

nah I like the dark super works for me. Though some of you guys were all a dark superman couldn't work which is the reason his roster is mildly ok and not as good as bat-mans.

Nope. We'll agree to disagree. At least, I will.

Well see the costume doesn't really work for me at all....it's way to bulky. I know miller but ehh doesn't work for Affleck...he already looks like a fridge with out the costume and is taller than superman.

His got the world on his shoulders, I feel for him. This new joker is being hated as well. If they wanted to go edgy they should have gone with the ripped off face joker. Specially if they were going to pick a pretty boy.

Ben is going to have to like pull some serious loveable acting to pull this off if not they are going to daredevil bats. That goes for the joker as well.

Buckyrig
05-05-2015, 08:13 PM
Though some of you guys were all a dark superman couldn't work

It didn't work. The reviews were mixed at best.

watch?v=Sge5sUNJkiY

3:19 nails it. :laugh:

Moonrider
05-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Well, some of it worked.
1. It features a proactive Lois Lane who's not an idiot. At least not entirely.
2. Race change and ironic name aside, Lawrence Fishburne makes a pretty good Perry White.
3. Henry Cavill have the physicality and charm of Superman down right. I can almost forgive his chest hairs for bulging out of his blue tights.
4. Zod. Zod is awesome.
5. Faora. Hot damn.
6. The scene where Superman levitates a few inch from the floor after getting knocked down, that was really cool and something never seen before in previous adaptations.

omega sentry
05-09-2015, 09:54 PM
It didn't work. The reviews were mixed at best.

watch?v=Sge5sUNJkiY

3:19 nails it. :laugh:

Mixed reviews means controversy, controversy is what works on my book.

now more nagging on my behalf to what I think doesn't work for batmans rogue gallery...

Trailer trash Harley Quinn! OMG what are people thinking. Now while the suicide squad's look could work, and is probably intended to say hey what if heroes and villains were in our reality, or maybe a heroes type reality or kick-ass type reality. It's not working out to the larger than live we are used to for villains.

At this point if this actors don't pull off the performance of a live time, and make us love them it's not going to go all to well.

I can take trailer trash joker and Harley quinn if they are interesting enough like say slyler was.

http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w786-h404-q90-c786:404/wp-content/uploads/Suicide-Squad-Official-Movie-Team-Promo-Photo.jpg

I'll be ok if it's like pre-incarnation of the characters they will become....like they want to pass of as people you would see on the street at this moment in time.

But this is not a look for people that have to deal with people as iconic as batman and superman. I wouldn't think much of Harley in this incarnation because I've seen many girls that look like that. As a psychologist I don't think Harley would want to be part of the bunch, or pass as trailer trash, but rather would want to stand out be feared, and idolized. I mean why would the joker want to be with some one that looked like trailer trash? But then again this new joker looks like trailer trash him self.

If they wanted to be more realistic they should have gone new 52's look.

Luke Noonan
05-11-2015, 09:56 AM
I always wanted Vince Gallo to play the Joker, and thought he might actually do it if they offered just to piss a lot of DC fans off, but he's probably too old now.

LastActionHero
06-03-2015, 08:37 AM
I saw the joker's first reveal, I noticed the word "Damaged" tattooed on his forehead.
At that time, I cried a little inside.
Is he some kind of teenager, going through changes?
But thankfully, there aren't any tattoos on him anymore.

LastActionHero
06-03-2015, 08:39 AM
http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w786-h404-q90-c786:404/wp-content/uploads/Suicide-Squad-Official-Movie-Team-Promo-Photo.jpg

The Gang Looks Awesome. :bounce::bounce::bounce: