PDA

View Full Version : DW Mighty Team-Up Challenge. Phase 1

paul brian deberry
04-25-2015, 09:59 PM
DW Mighty Team-up Challenge: Phase 2

The teams for DW MIGHTY TEAM-UP CHALLENGE can be found here (http://tiny.cc/jyahyx).

Thanky you! Thank you! To everyone that signed up. Buncha amazingly talented creators ALL of you.

Who wants to make a comic book? Who doesn't? Here is your chance!

Back in the early years there used to be a little comic book called DIGITAL WEBBING PRESENTS. It was a great! A buncha miscellaneous stories from Digital Webbing users. Well this is in NOWAY affiliated with those great books.

In spirit it is very similar. Create a buncha great little stories. Rather find your own team, like they did back then, we will take a different approach.

Everyone will fill out this form and you will be randomly placed on a "Blind Date" with other creators.

EDIT: OUR MIGHTY TEAM-UP TOTALS AS OF MAY 7TH!

6 writers
3 penciler
1 penciler/ letterer
5 inkers
1 letterer

1 Judge
1 Sponsor

The Details

Step One: Fill out this form. (http://goo.gl/forms/7OQFL1pYA5)

The form is simple. Start with your DW Username, the role you'd like to fill and how many "blind dates you'd like to go on. Just keep in mind you don't want to over stretch yourself.

If you wish to fill more than one role. Fill out multiple forms. Such as if you wish to write, and also want to letter, that's two forms. The reason for this is to fill as many roles as possible.

The biggest challenge for this sorta thing is the lopsided role numbers. With multiple forms it will help a little.

The Task

This is all about working together and creating comics. The honest truth is you may end up being paired with someone style you hate or someone with years of experience. Either way, you need to work through it!

The Other Task. Complete a 3-8 page self-contained comic with your team.

You will have two months after the teams have been announced to work together and create a 3-8 page comic book. That's it easy peazy.

The Theme

Heroes and Villains. The catch, NO capes and cowls.

Two long time enemies, will reluctantly team up, to battle a greater foe, while hiding their true identity from each others!

Doesn't matter the genre or how you interpret it, just have fun, work together and create.

The Requirements

3-8 Pages
Standard 6.625" 10.25" size
Must be original work (or work you have the rights to)
Colored or black and white accepted
Be a mostly self-contained story
Include title credits of all persons working on it
Fulfill the theme requirements

The Judgement

Yup. You heard it you will be judge by your peers. The judges identity will remain secret. The judges will grade each piece on a simple 1 to 3 scale. If you wish to be a judge then fill out the form. (http://goo.gl/forms/AakWYwruKl)

The Prize

There will be a prize. What is it I have no idea? If you would like to sponsor DW Mighty Team-up Challenge then fill out this form (http://goo.gl/forms/1oNWerLYvG). If there is a prize it will be announced later on.

Everyone will receive a PDF of the comic book. Judges, sponsors and creators.

Recap

Participant Application. (http://goo.gl/forms/7OQFL1pYA5)
Judge Application. (http://goo.gl/forms/AakWYwruKl)
Sponsor Application. (http://goo.gl/forms/1oNWerLYvG)

Sign up deadline for participant applications is two weeks from now, Sunday, May 10th 2015 11:59:59 EST. Judges and Sponsor there is no deadline.

After the deadline closes, if we need more participates I will post in each corresponding forum and ask for help. Once we have an even amount of teams you will be randomly teamed up, then you will have two months to create your comic.

Once again, I ask you to bare with me through any bumps we may experience.

-------------------------
UPDATE #1

Creativity nudity, foul language and excessive violence is A-OK. You will not be censored. However, remember violence, nudity and cursing do not make your story better.

UPDATE #2

As of this moment each of the stories will be posted to a tumblr page. Each story will be the tumblr pages story of the week. If you are a comic site owner and would like to host the stories send me a PM.

UPDATE #3

We gained a writer an inker. These totals have been updated.

UPDATE # 4

We stand at... :)

6 writers
3 penciler
1 penciler/ letterer
5 inkers
1 letterer

1 Judge
1 Sponsor

Something to keep in mind these totals DO NOT display the few that have expressed interest in working on multiple team ups.

If things where to start today. We would still need 2 pencilers, 1 inker, 4 letterers and 6 colorist. It would also be nice to get 2 more judges.

I am still working on a 100% confirmation from the sponsor.

UPDATE #5

The door for writers is closed. All others are still welcome. You have until Monday 12PM EST

UPDATE #6

OK! Time to call it.

We didn't do too bad. We managed to put together fours teams. I'll pull the names together and announce the teams maybe tomorrow night.

DJ Keawekane
04-26-2015, 03:50 AM
This sounds fun so I threw my hat in the ring as penciller and inker.
Sounds like a nice opportunity to get out of my own project and rest that for now and just have fun with it.

Michael Ford
04-26-2015, 10:01 AM
[I]f you wish to write...

Um... There's no writer choice listed in the available roles.

paul brian deberry
04-26-2015, 05:49 PM
If you want to write place it in the other roles.

Along with flatters, editors....

paul brian deberry
04-26-2015, 05:51 PM
This sounds fun so I threw my hat in the ring as penciller and inker.
Sounds like a nice opportunity to get out of my own project and rest that for now and just have fun with it.

Thanks for signing up, DJ!

Michael Ford
04-26-2015, 06:27 PM
If you want to write place it in the other roles.

Along with flatters, editors....

Okay. I was wondering if the contest was mainly for artists or if everyone was welcomed. Thanks for clearing that up.

I'll join. This sounds like a lot of fun.

paul brian deberry
04-26-2015, 07:15 PM
Welcome aboard Michael.

dmh_3000
04-27-2015, 05:55 AM
Sounds like fun. I'll throw my writer hat in the ring.

Also, just thought of something. What's the rating limit on this? As in, how much swearing, violence or nudity is allowed?

Duane Korslund
04-27-2015, 09:29 AM
this is a great idea! I'll hopefully participate in round 2 or 3 when my art chops are a little better :)

DaveyDouble
04-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Consider me applied.

paul brian deberry
04-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Excellent.

After a little over 24 hours

3 writers
2 pencilers
2 inkers
1 Penciler & Letter
+
1 Judge & Sponsor

Not a bad turn out!

Michael Ford
04-27-2015, 11:02 PM
That is a pretty good start. I was afraid that writers would completely overwhelm the pencilers.

It can still happen, but I am a little more optimistic now.

nams
04-29-2015, 10:10 AM
This is a great idea! :D I want to participate as a penciler but afraid to fail on the deadlines... Damn!!:cry:

Travis
04-30-2015, 12:56 AM
Sounds like a fun! I'll volunteer my inking skills for this.

Morganza
04-30-2015, 01:14 AM
I wish DW presents was still around, I'd be up for a few pages.

paul brian deberry
04-30-2015, 07:24 AM
Very good. Updated the total within my first post. We added another writer and inker. Monday I will make a plea across the board for contributors.

Not a bad showing to this point. Next Sunday is the deadline.

paul brian deberry
05-04-2015, 05:25 PM
I wish DW presents was still around, I'd be up for a few pages.

Hi,

Fill out the form http://goo.gl/forms/7OQFL1pYA5

robertdoan
05-04-2015, 05:33 PM
Inker applied!

paul brian deberry
05-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Updated the top thread with a couple answers to questions I received.

Currently we are standing at 3 pencilers. Not horrible, not great, about what I expected.

We don't have any colorist.

One more week. If the totals stay as they are we could have three teams. Unfortunately a couple writers would be oddmen out.

Metalni
05-04-2015, 06:24 PM
You have my sword mates... I mean ink brush.
:D

sevans
05-04-2015, 09:33 PM
What is the deadline?
I have a ton of worjk for about three weeks, but I'm still keen.

Put me down for pencils (maybe) or colours.

Michael Ford
05-04-2015, 10:52 PM
One more week. If the totals stay as they are we could have three teams. Unfortunately a couple writers would be oddmen out.

If it comes to that, I'll volunteer to be dropped. This sounds like a fun opportunity, and I really do want to do this, but there will be other chances if it doesn't happen.

newbold
05-05-2015, 03:55 AM
And my AXE!!

DaveyDouble
05-05-2015, 01:14 PM
Why not team writers together to fit the creative teams as well?

paul brian deberry
05-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Why not team writers together to fit the creative teams as well?

That is an option. Have writers co-write a story.

AustinHamblin
05-05-2015, 08:26 PM
Sounds like fun I applied!

Michael Ford
05-07-2015, 10:19 PM
It looks like we got a couple of new applicants since the last update. Could we see what the numbers are now?

paul brian deberry
05-08-2015, 12:15 AM
We stand at... :)

6 writers
3 penciler
1 penciler/ letterer
5 inkers
1 letterer

1 Judge
1 Sponsor

Something to keep in mind these totals DO NOT display the few that have expressed interest in working on multiple team ups.

If things where to start today. We would still need 2 pencilers, 1 inker, 4 letterers and 6 colorist. It would also be nice to get 2 more judges.

I am still working on a 100% confirmation from the sponsor.

AustinHamblin
05-10-2015, 12:59 AM
I hope this gets to happen! Seems like it would be a lot of fun!

paul brian deberry
05-10-2015, 03:55 PM
OK, Last 24 hours, then we will close the door to ALL writing participants. We will leave the door slightly ajar for any last minute non-participants.

Ant
05-11-2015, 05:05 AM
Just threw in my hat. Late to the party but always has fun.

Stewart Vernon
05-14-2015, 09:25 PM
I'm not yet strong enough to write for others, so I didn't consider that...

If you still need more letterers, I can sign on for that.

paul brian deberry
05-14-2015, 11:05 PM
The door for writers is closed. All others are still welcome. You have until Monday 12PM EST

Stewart Vernon
05-14-2015, 11:21 PM
I went ahead earlier and submitted for lettering just in case.

paul brian deberry
05-18-2015, 10:46 PM
OK! Time to call it.

We didn't do too bad. We managed to put together fours teams. I'll pull the names together and announce the teams maybe tomorrow night.

paul brian deberry
05-20-2015, 10:55 PM
DW Mighty Team-up Challenge: Phase 2

The teams for DW MIGHTY TEAM-UP CHALLENGE can be found here (http://tiny.cc/jyahyx).

Thanky you! Thank you! To everyone that signed up. Buncha amazingly talented creators ALL of you.