PDA

View Full Version : Daredevil

Bishop
04-09-2015, 12:34 PM
Anyone else looking forward to Daredevil on Netflix tomorrow?

They just revealed the red suit..

http://comicbook.com/2015/04/09/marvel-reveals-daredevils-red-suit/

So far I've seen mostly positive reviews:

Hitfix (http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/review-netflixs-daredevil-quickly-moves-to-the-top-of-the-tv-superhero-heap)

THR (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/daredevil-tv-review-787305)

The Verge (http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/8/8371229/marvel-daredevil-netflix-review)

Duane Korslund
04-09-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm definitely gonna give it a day in court...seems pretty good from what I've heard.

Bishop
04-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Just realized I misspelled Daredevil in the title. groan...

Steven Forbes
04-09-2015, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if you noticed.

You're welcome. ;)

Bishop
04-09-2015, 02:07 PM
You rock, good sir.

Thanks!

Buckyrig
04-10-2015, 11:22 AM
I'm not really a DareDevil fan, but I'll check it out.

I'm not really an Iron Man fan either, but that worked out. :)

Bishop
04-10-2015, 11:44 AM
I'm at work, so can't really watch, but I did check out the opening credits sequence since I saw it mentioned in a news article. Really nicely done. Some of the best opening credits since Game of Thrones, imo. Done by the same group that did the opening credits for True Detective which was well done also.

_vPFx2gfEPw

Bishop
04-11-2015, 01:50 PM
Just finished episode 8. This is a great show.

Angel
04-22-2015, 05:21 AM
I just binge watched the entire season on Netflix and it was incredible and I went into it extremely skeptical. The entire cast really owns their roles in a Robert Downey Jr/ Tony Stark level.

Bishop
04-22-2015, 08:35 AM
I agree. I thought it was fantastic, and I'm really glad they've committed to a second season.

Duane Korslund
04-22-2015, 09:05 AM
It was really good...I was a little worried after the 1st episode. I had one of those "It's OK, but not amazing" moments, but once things got rollin...I wasn't going to stop watching for anything. Everytime I saw Fisk I thought "They nailed it!"

Buckyrig
04-22-2015, 11:15 AM
It was good. I don't know if it was great.

The fight sequences are great. Although maybe Matt needs to get his ass kicked a little less. :confused:

Bummed that they killed Ben off. Would have liked to see that character stay in the show. Can't remember the last time I saw Vondie Curtis Hall in anything.

Duane Korslund
04-22-2015, 11:28 AM
It was good. I don't know if it was great.

The fight sequences are great. Although maybe Matt needs to get his ass kicked a little less. :confused:

Bummed that they killed Ben off. Would have liked to see that character stay in the show. Can't remember the last time I saw Vondie Curtis Hall in anything.

Ha! I agree about Matt getting whupped on so much...I found that kind of funny...and totally agree about the spoiler...I was pretty bummed, and really shocked that it was done.

Bishop
04-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Totally agree about the spoiler. That was the only part that I didn't really like about the show.

I think it is one of the truest adaptations of the source material that Marvel has done. Cox and D'Onofrio embody their characters incredibly well.

Steven Forbes
04-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Totally agree about the spoiler. That was the only part that I didn't really like about the show.

I think it is one of the truest adaptations of the source material that Marvel has done. Cox and D'Onofrio embody their characters incredibly well.

QFT

Although, as soon as I saw the change, I knew what was going to happen.

I'm very sad that I was right.

Angel
04-26-2015, 06:51 PM
I love Fisk's super retardo rage kills. Pretty unsettling.

Moonrider
04-26-2015, 10:55 PM
I just watched the first half of this season. Yeah this is the definitive Daredevil screen adaptation. Even how his powers are portrayed here is way better than the movie. More subtle, more believable. The casts are good, Kingpin is perfect, and not one scene where Matt Murdock kung fu somersaults around a kiddy park just to impress his trained assassin girlfriend.

usp78
04-28-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm hooked on this show. Just finished episode 6 and I'm kinda hoping they don't show the red costume until the final episode. I like the fact that he's not a polished hero with a professional looking costume!

Co.Inkadink
04-29-2015, 08:37 AM
The best superhero show ever made hands down. Some people are complaining about the costume but I loved it.

Bishop
04-29-2015, 09:04 AM
The best superhero show ever made hands down. Some people are complaining about the costume but I loved it.

Agreed. Can't wait for season 2.

Schuyler
06-04-2015, 12:09 PM
I know this thread is old but I wanted to say something.

I really like the show. I think it should be called Wilson Fisk, though. It is more about him from what I can tell.

I am not a daredevil fan and I know very little about the characters. Is Wilson Fisk a whiney character in the books? That is the one part of the show that bugs me.

Rob Norton
06-04-2015, 07:27 PM
I know this thread is old but I wanted to say something.

I really like the show. I think it should be called Wilson Fisk, though. It is more about him from what I can tell.

I am not a daredevil fan and I know very little about the characters. Is Wilson Fisk a whiney character in the books? That is the one part of the show that bugs me.

jeez. you must be watching a different show than me. the Wilson fisk element was the among the best parts of the show. I appreciate that they are making him human, not just a one dimensional evil villain. hence the parts where it shows him dealing with emotions and such. but he has a hard, dark side to him, killing people without a second thought or remorse. "whiney"? that I don't see at all

rob

Schuyler
06-04-2015, 08:04 PM
jeez. you must be watching a different show than me. the Wilson fisk element was the among the best parts of the show. I appreciate that they are making him human, not just a one dimensional evil villain. hence the parts where it shows him dealing with emotions and such. but he has a hard, dark side to him, killing people without a second thought or remorse. "whiney"? that I don't see at all

rob

It is good, I am not disagreeing with you. I have not yet finished. I only watch one per night and I just started.

Wilson makes himself breakfast and goes on a date with his girlfriend, and I was annoyed. I want him to be human, but I want daredevil to be human too. I feel like that was time wasted.

I didn't like Stick, or whatever that dude's name was. So, Daredevil's backstory did not intrigue me too much.

Whereas, Wilson's backstory had me on the edge of my seat.

I find myself at a crossroad where I am invested in the villain more than the hero, and I don't want to finish the story.

I don't know how to write a tv show, so I am not trying to be a know-it-all. I really like the show and I am wondering if anyone else had the same problems with it.

-Sky

Bishop
06-04-2015, 09:15 PM
Wow. Interesting how different people see different things in the same show. I thought the Stick episode was great, and I thought Matt Murdocks development was spot on. I loved this show and can't wait for season 2.

Bishop
06-09-2015, 05:44 PM
Punisher has been confirmed for DD season 2!

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/09/daredevil-season-2-logo-released/

http://media.comicbook.com/uploads1/2015/06/daredevil-season-2-139352.jpeg

Justice41
06-10-2015, 10:53 PM
Fisk Whiney? The Hell? One of the best Characters ever on screen small or large. I think you mistake Passion for weakness. I hope they hold back the punisher actors natural tendency to act and walk and look like a pug. Bernethal tends to act like Deniro. Hopefully they retrain that.The guy who played Crossbones in CA would have made a good punisher.

Bishop
06-10-2015, 11:17 PM
Agreed. Bernthal has the look, but he is normally a bit 'talky'. He needs to be more of a brooding, quiet character for this. Grillo would have been a solid choice as well.