PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy Renewal Codes

Ace Corona
04-04-2015, 07:22 PM
I have a domain name with GoDaddy that expires in October of this year, and I get paid a lot of money on Monday, so I would like to renew and pay for two or three years at once with a coupon code, but after Googling, I can't find any decent coupon codes online.

Does anyone here know of any sites that have coupon codes for renewal of domain names for another year? All the codes I can find seem to be tailored to people who are buying a domain name for the first time.

I am in the process of writing my webcomic and designing the characters, so it will be at least a year before I plan on launching my webcomic. In the meantime, I want the domain name I plan on using to remain in good standing in case I go through some lean financial times between now and then.

paul brian deberry
04-05-2015, 02:38 AM
I am in the process of writing my webcomic and designing the characters, so it will be at least a year before I plan on launching my webcomic. In the meantime, I want the domain name I plan on using to remain in good standing in case I go through some lean financial times between now and then.

That's a good idea.

Once a month I will go searching for godaddy codes. Like you said there are really none floating around (least none I've found.)

On a few occasions I've called godaddy and they have given me codes to use.

Maybe call?

Ace Corona
04-05-2015, 02:53 AM
That's a good idea.

Once a month I will go searching for godaddy codes. Like you said there are really none floating around (least none I've found.)

On a few occasions I've called godaddy and they have given me codes to use.

Maybe call?

Thank you for the advice!

Ace Corona
04-07-2015, 01:49 PM
I ended up renewing for two years with no discount, I paid $15 per year. It seems that they give you a deal when you initially buy a domain, like 99 cents for the first year, but when you go to renew they force you to pay the full price, that must be how they make their money. They've got their scam figured out!

L Jamal
04-07-2015, 02:01 PM
you can always transfer to a cheaper domain registrar

Ace Corona
04-07-2015, 06:27 PM
you can always transfer to a cheaper domain registrar

I'd rather pay more with GoDaddy because they're reliable, I don't want to transfer to another company and then have them go out of business with my domain name along with them. But thanks for the tip.