PDA

View Full Version : Gotham - Someone please make it stop

TheDeeMan
03-03-2015, 12:08 AM
Has Gotham (the comicbook tv show that wasn't) finally settled into "Gothic Camp" with it's recent episodes? Especially the Fish Mooney moments?

Is anyone here even watching this show? Because I've reached my limit.

Dee

Duane Korslund
03-03-2015, 12:13 AM
I stopped after 3 episodes...got bored

sevans
03-03-2015, 01:17 AM
Watched about 15mins, didn't appeal in any way.

TheDeeMan
03-03-2015, 01:44 AM
It got renewed in a heartbeat, but they've lost viewers almost every week they've been on, so who IS watching this show?

Dee

Steven Forbes
03-03-2015, 01:54 AM
I was watching it on DVR.

Not a good show, but I wanted to see what they were going to do with it.

This show doesn't deserve a renewal. I'd be very surprised if it gets a full second season.

Constantine was better.

TheDeeMan
03-03-2015, 01:42 PM
I was watching it on DVR.

Not a good show, but I wanted to see what they were going to do with it.

This show doesn't deserve a renewal. I'd be very surprised if it gets a full second season.

Constantine was better.

Yeah, but Constantine wasn't as good as Grimm so it suffered by comparison.

Dee

scrappy
03-03-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm enjoying the show. but then again i'm not actually watching it. just the "next on" previews because i watch the show after. they keep me entertained

Morganza
03-03-2015, 03:25 PM
This show is crap, nothing can save it unless they suddenly jump 20 years into the future where Batman exists.

Co.Inkadink
03-05-2015, 08:28 AM
I love this show.

Buckyrig
03-05-2015, 12:22 PM
The show's unfocused, and I'm not sure it knows what it's about yet.

The Penguin is good, and I like Donal Logue.

It's about the same level of quality as Arrow or the Flash.

B-McKinley
03-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I'll cop to watching Gotham. I like something a little over the top and melodramatic now and then - especially early in the week. My introduction to Batman in comics was basically Year One and this is kind of like that, but with no Batman. Gotham could go on for ten years because it's carving a brand new niche, or it could get cancelled after season two.

I don't want Batman to show up. Like Spider-man and Superman that territory has been covered, many, many times. At least Gotham has found a different angle to focus on with young Bruce. Usually teenage Bruce is skipped over. It's interesting to see someone fill in the blanks.

And, yeah, Penguin basically got me to stick with it during the first few episodes.

dx
03-13-2015, 03:18 AM
A batman TV show would kick ass with what they can do today on a TV show budget.

Crap, DC/WB could create a television comic book empire. Flash, Arrow, Batman...with all of them tying in.

As much as people knock Smallville...the show did give us Green Arrow, Aquaman, Cyborg, Hawkman, Dr. Fate, etc, etc. Smallville showed that a DC universe could exist on television.

As far as Gotham is concerned....it is it's own thing.

Scaleyinx
03-16-2015, 03:19 AM
Fish poked her own eye out.
Her self-preservation method was "do the sashimi"? :blink:

Laaaaaaame...
:sure:

TheDeeMan
03-17-2015, 12:59 AM
Jada's leaving the show after this season so "Mad eye Mooney" won't be around next season.

I doubt this show lasts past season two. It got hyped up the ass for the first season and that "new show smell" won't carry it past a second season. It's just not that good. Sleepy Hollow is a MUCH better show and it's dying right before my eyes in it's second season.

Dee

Lord Fejj
03-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Ah haven't seen an episode so I can't comment, but Batman without Batman seems lame. I never liked Smallville either, although I don't like Superman.

dx
03-26-2015, 12:41 AM
Sleepy Hollow is a MUCH better show and it's dying right before my eyes in it's second season.

Dee

That's what happens when a tv show is built entirely on one premise. Once the show gets past it....whats left?

I loved season one, season two is dragging on. They need to find a new purpose/cause for the show to run on, or it's over.

That's what is allowing Grimm to carry on. It wasn't built around one epic event. Those shows die....see Heroes.

TheDeeMan
03-27-2015, 09:08 AM
That's what happens when a tv show is built entirely on one premise. Once the show gets past it....whats left?

I loved season one, season two is dragging on. They need to find a new purpose/cause for the show to run on, or it's over.

That's what is allowing Grimm to carry on. It wasn't built around one epic event. Those shows die....see Heroes.

Heroes died for A LOT of reasons including a writer's strike, a suck-ass shortened 1/2 season, what seemed like a complete reboot of season 2.5 with all of the characters (all of the black characters I should say) from seasons one and the shortened season killed off or discarded completely in season 2.5.

Dee

Duane Korslund
03-27-2015, 09:14 AM
I loved heroes until the HORRIBLE last season. Yeah, it was a slow decline from season 1, but at least it was still watchable until the last season.

Hard to see Gotham even making it that far. It just has no steam at all.

LastActionHero
06-03-2015, 08:43 AM
I really like this series.
The best thing I like about it, is that it is independent from the comics.
It only uses character names from comics and that's it.
I agree it is slow in the beginning, but it gets good as it progresses.

TheDeeMan
06-03-2015, 10:49 PM
I really like this series.
The best thing I like about it, is that it is independent from the comics.
It only uses character names from comics and that's it.
I agree it is slow in the beginning, but it gets good as it progresses.

Gotham has lost so many viewers from it's start that it's become desperate. The season finale was it's "In this issue everybody dies" episode, and now with the announcement of the Joker and Mr.Freeze showing up in season two they're really just throwing spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks.

But the fact is that once the hype and the new tv show smell gave away and the show had to live or die on just "the show" it has lost viewers every week except 3 I think it is (Google "Gotham ratings"). And every time it's taken one of it's little hiatus' it's come back with even less viewers then it left with. The truth is that if Fox hadn't prematurely renewed Gotham within it's first 3 weeks(something I'm sure they regret now) it would even now be crossing it's fingers hoping to be renewed with the numbers it ended the first season with. I think they were .3% higher then "The Following" which got cancelled. And season 2 they won't even have the "new show smell" to help them out.

My prediction stands: Gotham limps into season 2 and then gets cancelled.

Dee

Stewart Vernon
06-04-2015, 12:36 AM
I like Gotham a lot more than I thought I was going to like it... but the things I like most about it are the things they seem to want to downplay.

I like the Gotham-before-Batman stuff... I like little teases of characters that might be someone we know years later... but I don't need pre-Riddler in every episode and working for the police at that! I don't really need young Catwoman tied to Bruce Wayne at the hip... even though the actress does a good job with what she has to work with.

I would have liked more about Gordon and Bullock and the corrupt culture in Gotham with the different factions of the mob without so much of the "hey here's the Joker probably" and "hey here's Scarecrow too" stuff.

I'm all for alternate takes... but this show appears to be a Gotham that is going to have all the villains before there ever is a Batman... and Gordon is going to sink or swim on his own... and if he swims, there isn't a need for a Batman in this Gotham's reality.

TheDeeMan
06-04-2015, 03:19 AM
I like Gotham a lot more than I thought I was going to like it... but the things I like most about it are the things they seem to want to downplay.

I like the Gotham-before-Batman stuff... I like little teases of characters that might be someone we know years later... but I don't need pre-Riddler in every episode and working for the police at that! I don't really need young Catwoman tied to Bruce Wayne at the hip... even though the actress does a good job with what she has to work with.

I would have liked more about Gordon and Bullock and the corrupt culture in Gotham with the different factions of the mob without so much of the "hey here's the Joker probably" and "hey here's Scarecrow too" stuff.

I'm all for alternate takes... but this show appears to be a Gotham that is going to have all the villains before there ever is a Batman... and Gordon is going to sink or swim on his own... and if he swims, there isn't a need for a Batman in this Gotham's reality.

Exactly. Throwing in all of the villains and no Batman makes Gotham the story of a failed cop named James Gordon who couldn't save the city making there a need for a masked vigilante to do the job for him.

A gritty "cop show" about Gordon and Bullock that "hinted at villains to come" which Gotham pretended to be in the beginning but isn't would have been cool and more along the lines of "Batman: Year One".

Dee

Buckyrig
06-04-2015, 11:57 AM
, and now with the announcement of the Joker and Mr.Freeze showing up in season two they're really just throwing spaghetti on the wall and seeing what sticks.

Joker's already appeared on the show.

TheDeeMan
06-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Joker's already appeared on the show.

Yeah. And it was announced that he's coming back next season. I'm thinking as much more THE JOKER then the hinted at carnival guy was the Joker in season one.

Dee

Moonrider
06-07-2015, 11:05 AM
They should just time skip the whole show. If we can't have Batman on the series then at least age up Bruce Wayne into a highschooler or something like Clark in Smallville.

TheDeeMan
06-07-2015, 01:39 PM
They should just time skip the whole show. If we can't have Batman on the series then at least age up Bruce Wayne into a highschooler or something like Clark in Smallville.

Time skipping the show would help a lot. But then you'd not only lose the kid playing Bruce Wayne but also the girl playing Catwoman(girl), and they're actually more popular then the guy who plays Gordon. Shame when you're not even the star of your own show.

Dee