PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Update: Victor's Ghost Compendium

chuck
02-16-2015, 03:01 AM
Okay, we are now halfway through the funding period and we're sitting at 27% of our goal. I need to get the word out to as many people as possible, especially in the comic/graphic novel community. If you can't donate, could you repost this for a day or two? Tell your friends, relatives, enemies, spirit guides and alien contacts. We need you!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/523860424/victors-ghost-compendium

Alyssa
02-16-2015, 05:33 AM
Hey, Chuck! I think getting past the $2k mark is pretty darn good, but there are things you've done with the campaign that I think might be hurting you a little bit.

I wrote an article on Kickstarter campaigns a while back. I think it might help you out a bit if you read over it and the extra resources at the end of the article:
Why Your Kickstarter Is Gonna Fail (http://alyssacrow.com/why-your-kickstarter-is-gonna-fail/)

(Please note that I'm not saying your campaign is gonna fail, that's just the name of the article).

I don't think you've got enough of the product on show to interest people, and I think the pricing for the pledge levels are wrong. Have a read over the resources, and see what you think.

Regardless of my 2 cents though, best of luck with the project. Horror comics have been doing pretty well on Kickstarter, considering their usual reception in the direct market.

chuck
02-17-2015, 12:36 AM
Alyssa,

Thanks for the article. The Kickstarter has been an interesting experience so far. A lot of pledges in the first couple of days, slowing a bit, then $640 in the last 24 hours.

I've been inundated with people who want to sell their marketing services. At least a dozen different individuals and companies. I've spent money on advertising already, through a number of places. I've overspent my ad budget.

We'll see how it goes.

Chuck

Alyssa
02-17-2015, 04:02 AM
I've been inundated with people who want to sell their marketing services. At least a dozen different individuals and companies. I've spent money on advertising already, through a number of places. I've overspent my ad budget.

Coming from an internet marketing background, I guarantee that the vast majority (if not all) of those offers you're getting are from scammers at worst, "grey" to "black hat" at best. I'd ignore them all, personally.

You're chugging along pretty well, I reckon. IF you don't make the goal, I'm sure there are a bunch of members here who will be happy to lend their advice in workshopping a new campaign for your project.