PDA

View Full Version : Standard format for European "album" style

B-McKinley
02-11-2015, 01:45 PM
Are there standard measurements for setting up a page template to be printed at A4 size? Although there are lots of tutorials about setting up a standard US format comic, there aren't so many about European size formats.

Scribbly
02-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Are there standard measurements for setting up a page template to be printed at A4 size? Although there are lots of tutorials about setting up a standard US format comic, there aren't so many about European size formats.

If you have an European comics in hand, he size is the same, plus a quarter bigger to the right and to the top.

Basically, European page size is what in America is called "Magazine size 8x10.5 inches". As opposed to Manga 5x7.5 inches or standard American comics size 6.75x10.25 inches.

Eliseu Gouveia
02-11-2015, 03:34 PM
I've always drawn in A3 but my Talis album was actually done in the american 11 x 17 format and the publisher had no prob with it.

Growing up, I used to see pics of some of the true pros working on giant formats like A2 and it would always explode my mind. :blink:

ponyrl
02-11-2015, 11:39 PM
^Erik Larsen works this way of late.

B-McKinley
02-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the advice. I did a check and Manga Studio has presets for A4 (and smaller). I'll compare those to so physical books but I assume it's probably good enough for a generic set up.