PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to send out a submission?

DJ Keawekane
01-21-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm putting together a proposal and wondering how I should go about it. I'm thinking pdf and send, but I want to be sure about this. This is a message board where I don't mind asking questions that make me look like an idiot, but I hate to find out my submission wasn't even looked at because the format was wrong. I've read the site submissions policy and it doesn't really say. I'm wondering if people who have had some success, or even a rejection letter can chime in.

Should I send a link? Pdf?

Any advice would be awesome.

artsnake
01-22-2015, 01:13 AM
I think link unless they say otherwise. no filling up their mail box.

HouseStark
01-22-2015, 02:24 AM
Just follow the submissions guidelines each publisher. Each has their own way of accepting submissions. 'Nuff said.

johnjohn
01-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Have you contacted them first?
Not all places will consider submissions if they're not advertising an opening, or will say that they are not currently accepting any submissions.

SamRoads
01-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Go to a convention where the publisher has a stall. Buy someone friendly looking a cup of tea and ask them for some advice about submissions. Nothing like getting advice direct from the people you want to send to.

And if you bring them tea, they will love you. :)

DJ Keawekane
01-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Just follow the submissions guidelines each publisher. Each has their own way of accepting submissions. 'Nuff said.

Yeah I checked they don't specify they just give the address.