PDA

View Full Version : Secret Wars

Buckyrig
01-21-2015, 11:18 AM
No thread about this? Place really is dead.

Anyway, thank God! The Marvel Universe has needed a reboot forever. The continuity is just a Gordian Knot at this point.

Sounds like they're doing it Crisis-style though, with a single, amalgamated world. Not sure about that. I really do prefer retiring timelines while starting new ones.

So . . .

mfcisme
01-31-2015, 10:51 PM
I have a feeling that the event itself and the first few months will be received well but after that marvel is going to regret it.

The reason I don't like the idea in general is all the stories that were put on the back burner, waiting for a new writer, are going to be lost. It'll be the fan favorite stuff that get titles (marvel zombies being a prime example of this, good short series but now they are launching it as a continuous thing in battle world).

Also the fact that its all the famous battles and the conflicts getting jammed together, means that there aren't going to be as many non-combat stories getting told.

Just my opinion though, maybe in a year I will look stupid and regret writing this.

Buckyrig
02-02-2015, 01:10 PM
Oh, I doubt it will be anything terribly interesting at the end of the day, and it's more a merging or realities it seems. But I'm hoping they at least iron out some character histories. Fact is that half the characters in the Marvel Universe have severe personality disorders, the way their behavior fluctuates throughout time. :laugh:

LastActionHero
06-03-2015, 08:34 AM
I loved these series.
It is one of my favorite series from MCU.

Buckyrig
06-03-2015, 11:55 AM
I loved these series.
It is one of my favorite series from MCU.

I was talking about the new one that just started a few weeks ago.

Frankly, the story is very "inside baseball". I don't see it garnering new readers. If you're not well versed in the MU, and particularly the Avengers and FF stories of the past few years and quite a bit about the Ultimate Universe, you're going to be really lost.

Duane Korslund
06-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I probably wont even bother with it, I guess I'll just see what happens when the dust clears...

Buckyrig
06-04-2015, 11:54 AM
I probably wont even bother with it, I guess I'll just see what happens when the dust clears...

Well, some of the individual books might still be worth checking out for you. But most of them are ultimately going to be glorified What If?s. A-Force is supposed to continue post-Secret Wars though, in I assume an altered form.

And the first issue of Renew Your Vows seems promising.

Duane Korslund
06-04-2015, 11:56 AM
And the first issue of Renew Your Vows seems promising.

That one I do want to check out!

Buckyrig
06-04-2015, 11:58 AM
That one I do want to check out!

The story likely isn't what you are expecting. But it's still an interesting idea so far.

Duane Korslund
06-04-2015, 01:54 PM
The story likely isn't what you are expecting. But it's still an interesting idea so far.

Just read it, definitely not what I was hoping for, but still pretty cool.