PDA

View Full Version : Web Address/Deviant Art Question

Jamesvomit
01-18-2015, 02:26 PM
I just put the script for the first issue of my comic on Deviant art. It was done at the sta.sh part of their site and the link is http://fav.me/d8diiu1 (You are welcome to read it. In fact, it would make my day if someone read it.) I think the link looks like it is to some spam or b.s. website. So what I'm wondering is if there is another site I can put the link on that looks more legit. So that I can send people to the script with a link that looks better. I am not a tech person. I could probably find out how to do this, but it would take me all day. So even if this is a stupid question, can someone help me out? Thanks, and again, you can read the script!

Marta
01-22-2015, 09:13 PM
A lot of URLs are shortened so they're not so cumbersome, and if you mention it's hosted on the DeviantArt site, it probably isn't likely to be an issue. But a simple way around providing the short link if you're concerned about it is to copy the actual link displayed, so it shows the actual web address.

Another option is to put the link on someplace like Dropbox and provide a link there. Dropbox also offers the option of a shortened link, but you don't need to use it. The service offers free storage to a certain point.