PDA

View Full Version : DW downtimes?

TimR
12-30-2014, 04:37 PM
.. I seem to have missed the announcement about this.. DW is sort of unpredictable of late, n'est c'est pas?

Bishop
12-30-2014, 05:13 PM
I've not had any issues...

L Jamal
12-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Me either

TimR
12-31-2014, 04:40 PM
There have been several days lately where I typed in the address, from public computers, and it's just been a blank page with the logo or maybe the Fist of Justice logo at top left, and then a few links to facebook, tumblr, and twitter promos for a Fist of Justice Kickstarter.. or news of how it's going. No link to the forums or anything.

Eliseu Gouveia
12-31-2014, 05:16 PM
Looks fine by me.

Bishop
12-31-2014, 05:24 PM
There have been several days lately where I typed in the address, from public computers, and it's just been a blank page with the logo or maybe the Fist of Justice logo at top left, and then a few links to facebook, tumblr, and twitter promos for a Fist of Justice Kickstarter.. or news of how it's going. No link to the forums or anything.

To be fair, I link directly to the forums. If there have been issues on the front page I would not have seen them.

Alyssa
12-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Yup, I have a bookmark directly to the forums. Works for me!

L Jamal
01-02-2015, 02:16 PM
That's the front page.
It also has a link to the forums

Steven Forbes
01-02-2015, 09:29 PM
Most people link directly to the forums. There used to be info on the front page--twice!--but Ed got rid of it the second time because it wasn't seeing enough traffic.

Front pages are hard without a decent amount of diverse content. DW was relying on news for a while, but that was basically reposted from other sites. Whenever something "big" happens at one of the top publishers, it's already covered by the likes of Newsarama, CBR, and The Beat. In general, people don't come to DW for comic news.

Personally, I'd love to see a webcomic on the front page, done by DWers. A daily strip, on a weekly rotating basis, each week done by a new crew. This lets everyone who wants to participate do so, in lots of different ways. They get to hone their skills.

The recent X-Men jam that was done by a lot of the artists? That was good fun! Why not do something like that as a strip? Small stories, probably with an overarching theme/storyline, that those who are interested contribute to. This will let those who are interested hone their abilities. It just needs to be overseen by someone so that we can have some sort of quality control.

Anyway, that's what I'd love to see.

Charles
01-03-2015, 03:00 AM
Personally, I'd love to see a webcomic on the front page, done by DWers. A daily strip, on a weekly rotating basis, each week done by a new crew. This lets everyone who wants to participate do so, in lots of different ways. They get to hone their skills.

The recent X-Men jam that was done by a lot of the artists? That was good fun! Why not do something like that as a strip? Small stories, probably with an overarching theme/storyline, that those who are interested contribute to. This will let those who are interested hone their abilities. It just needs to be overseen by someone so that we can have some sort of quality control.

Anyway, that's what I'd love to see.

That's a fine idea, actually.