PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Dawn of the Force, Rise of the Jedi Chronicles

Rob Norton
11-06-2014, 02:59 PM
is that the new title for the flick? did I read it wrong? :rolleyes:

Duane Korslund
11-06-2014, 03:11 PM
weird I was just looking up info on this movie...Daisy Ridley specifically...still bummed that the EU is more or less going out the airlock...but it did say "There are some Elements being retained." Prolly Solo's kids considering the next generation cast.

Wait, that's the title for Episode VII? Might as well be a Harry Potter movie...bleh...

Buckyrig
11-06-2014, 03:22 PM
It depresses me how much I don't give a shit about this movie.

Since I'll drag my ass to see it anyway, I can just hope the lack of expectation works to my advantage. :har:

Duane Korslund
11-06-2014, 03:39 PM
It depresses me how much I don't give a shit about this movie.

Since I'll drag my ass to see it anyway, I can just hope the lack of expectation works to my advantage. :har:

what really sucks is that many of us lived and breathed the hype leading up to Episode I....and we all saw the sad end to that devotion.
I think anyone who lived through that has their guard up high, we have no expectations.

Besides: Carrie Fischer reprising her role as Jabba...I mean Leia...and lens flares + lightsabers....that's 2 strikes right off the bat.

Bishop
11-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Buckyrig
11-06-2014, 03:50 PM
what really sucks is that many of us lived and breathed the hype leading up to Episode I....and we all saw the sad end to that devotion.
I think anyone who lived through that has their guard up high, we have no expectations.

Besides: Carrie Fischer reprising her role as Jabba...I mean Leia...and lens flares + lightsabers....that's 2 strikes right off the bat.

I actually like the prequels. Just not as much as the originals.

It's really just a matter of I think being burned out on Star Wars. (Which makes me sad, because when I was a kid I enjoyed them so much I thought Hollywood should give up on making other movies altogether. :laugh: )

Duane Korslund
11-06-2014, 04:11 PM
I actually like the prequels. Just not as much as the originals.

It's really just a matter of I think being burned out on Star Wars. (Which makes me sad, because when I was a kid I enjoyed them so much I thought Hollywood should give up on making other movies altogether. :laugh: )

Ha! I know what you mean...I remember...I used to geek out every time the 20th century fox fanfare would start a movie on TV...if it had that 2nd part to it (just before the lucasfilm logo came up) you knew it was a star wars movie...if not it was just some other lame 20th century fox movie and therefore not worth my time.
I miss being that excited about anything...but then, that's the difference between being 8 years old and 38 years old....life has taken a lot of the wonder and joy away. To quote Ookla the Mok "Everything good turns to crap, eventually".

Justice41
11-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Dawn, Awakens, Rise, Days, Bah Sick of all these stupid words always being used in movies. Glad Marvel at least has existing and good titles from the comics to use.

omega sentry
11-14-2014, 03:39 PM
They should of used starkiller....from what I read they are basically ripping off starkillers powers and giving it luke...

Moonrider
11-18-2014, 02:25 AM
Dawn, Awakens, Rise, Days, Bah Sick of all these stupid words always being used in movies. Glad Marvel at least has existing and good titles from the comics to use.

On Star Wars, it actually makes more sense. The series was supposed to be a tribute to old sci fi shows that actually have silly adventure-y titles on them.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
11-27-2014, 11:48 AM
I'm actually getting a little bit excited about it... It can't be as bad as Episode 1: Darth Goes to the Podrace. (I admit I liked Revenge of the Sith)

Duane is right though, Phantom Menace and that other one kind of makes one gun-shy. Or sabre-shy.

omega sentry
11-28-2014, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

the kurgan enough said...:bounce:

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
11-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

:)

I can't wait. It doesn't look like Star trek. I mean I like Star Trek (very much), it just isn't the movie I want to see next December.

Co.Inkadink
11-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Star Wars: Episode VII Trailer - George Lucas' Special Edition
v93Jh6JNBng&feature=youtu.be

omega sentry
11-30-2014, 09:03 PM
Missa gonna see that.

On another note uhmmm no one seems to know who does the voice over narration for the trailer....but I believe it's non other than Clancy brown how can you mistake that voice??? on top of the fact that he does alot of voice acting for lucas arts clonewars. so yeah....

Although he is doing the warcraft movie right now....IDK what do you guys think?

Duane Korslund
12-01-2014, 09:14 AM
the "cross joint" lightsaber seems kind of weird....not sure about that...otherwise...for a teaser...it got the blood pumping...

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
12-01-2014, 09:51 AM
I agree about the cross-joint lightsabre, but well. Maybe there are going to be bajillions of winks to previous stuff, aka Steven Moffat style? That round gadget rolling in the desert brings memories of Death Star "mice" and the like. But could be neat... I'll definitely be in the theatre!

Duane Korslund
12-01-2014, 09:56 AM
I agree about the cross-joint lightsabre, but well. Maybe there are going to be bajillions of winks to previous stuff, aka Steven Moffat style? That round gadget rolling in the desert brings memories of Death Star "mice" and the like. But could be neat... I'll definitely be in the theatre!

Me too...can't wait for the actual trailer.

Moonrider
12-01-2014, 10:10 AM
Everybody's like way over thinking the whole cross hilt lightsaber design with their theory of how it's supposed to be used, and I thought that since the character is rumored to be a guy called 'The Inquisitor' or something it's more likely that the design was just inspired by Christian crosses in keeping with the theme of the guy's name.

Duane Korslund
12-01-2014, 10:25 AM
Everybody's like way over thinking the whole cross hilt lightsaber design with their theory of how it's supposed to be used, and I thought that since the character is rumored to be a guy called 'The Inquisitor' or something it's more likely that the design was just inspired by Christian crosses in keeping with the theme of the guy's name.

True...but generally an energy blade would be expected to have some functionality. One would think that having light saber blades as decoration would be wasteful and unnecessarily dangerous. Technical advisers generally point these things out through the course of movie making.
I'm not going to boycott the movie and get into a nerd rage over it, but it does stick in my craw.
If they provide some awesome use for it...then wonderful...actually...it could be used to further rip into someone if you stab all the way to the hilt and rotate up...but that would pretty much be overkill.

I see what they're going for...I just think its impractical

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrxE2yiZL8xqCh_lsmNNhsvCA3DlJ-THkv5PY5VaYGcxg_i-k8oQ

Justice41
12-01-2014, 10:48 AM
That was one cheesy Rebels level cgi crap. What was with the foot stomp from the darth inquistor guy? The Falcon looked like someone holding a toy. For me all the star wars flicks since Empire sucked dog balls but meh I at least get to draw new stuff from the Topps star wars sketch card franchise.

dannycruz
12-01-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't get people imposing real world functionality and practicality on scifi/fantasy laser swords. It looked cool enough. I didn't need too much more exposition than that. And anyway, it seemed plausible enough to be something a Sith to use...with them being highly skilled, arrogant types.

Bishop
12-01-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't get people imposing real world functionality and practicality on scifi/fantasy laser swords. It looked cool enough. I didn't need too much more exposition than that. And anyway, it seemed plausible enough to be something a Sith to use...with them being highly skilled, arrogant types.

I agree. My thought when I saw it was 'Meh, it's still not cooler than Darth Maul's double saber.'

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/star-wars-7-lightsaber-memes-sith-army-knife.jpg

Buckyrig
12-01-2014, 12:32 PM
Because it looks like it was proactively designed to be impractical.

People will let you get away with "because it looks cool", despite any purpose, as long as it doesn't appear to so obviously take away from the sense of it.

Right now it just looks like a good way to accidentally cut your own hand off.

Justice41
12-01-2014, 12:57 PM
It's movies, it's all fake.

Buckyrig
12-01-2014, 01:10 PM
That's an excuse for failing to suspend the viewer's disbelief.

It's like letting an artist off the hook for not knowing how to draw proper perspective or proportionate human figures.

Justice41
12-01-2014, 01:43 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10662079_1003033386389975_514209124891501709_o.jpg

Justice41
12-01-2014, 01:44 PM
That's an excuse for failing to suspend the viewer's disbelief.

It's like letting an artist off the hook for not knowing how to draw proper perspective or proportionate human figures.

these things don't exist except in the minds of the concept artists so blame them for not being grounded or having any real world knowledge to go by or blame the itchy anus that gets all the fanboys all irritated.

dx
12-01-2014, 08:06 PM
For a back water planet....Tatooine sure does play a pivotal role time, and time again. One might think that Tatooine is the center of the Star Wars Universe rather than the farthest planet from the center of the Star Wars Universe

omega sentry
12-03-2014, 06:34 PM
I agree. My thought when I saw it was 'Meh, it's still not cooler than Darth Maul's double saber.'

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/star-wars-7-lightsaber-memes-sith-army-knife.jpg

I assume it ignites when turned on for a bit then dies down as he uses it.

rumored to be a guy called 'The Inquisitor'

The sith or dark jedi are going to be inquisitors...they explain it on the rebels cartoons.

Basically they are dark Jedi or force sensitives Darth Vader and Darth Sidious used to do their errands and finish hunting down the last of the Jedi order.

They are not called Darth and don't fallow the rule of 2. They are what hold the remnants of the empire together after Jedi.

It was rumor that we might see them if we have not already seen them in rebels.....since rebels and clone wars are now cannon and part of the continuum, I hope the ultimate bady is Darth Maul. At the seasons end darth sidious said he had bigger plans for him while torturing him with lighting.

Duane Korslund
12-04-2014, 09:17 AM
the introduction of logic to the cross hilt lightsaber:

"Whoever this Sith Inquisitor is he looked at the history of light saber combat and saw Anakin/Vader, General Grievous, Count Dooku, Mace Windu, and Luke Skywalker all have arms/hands cut off and said 'Fuck that, none of that for me!'"

-Paraphrased from a tumblr Post

The cross hilt lightsaber offers some protection from getting your hand sliced in combat.
So...yeah...technically its practical. Not to mention kind of smart.

Buckyrig
12-04-2014, 10:51 AM
That sounds like the people who refuse to wear seatbelts because of that one story where a guy would have survived a car crash if he hadn't been wearing his.

:laugh:

And Lucas wouldn't have gotten a pass on that lightsabre.:whistlin:

omega sentry
12-04-2014, 04:42 PM
he passed jajar

omega sentry
12-04-2014, 05:02 PM
IDC what people say...

It's clancy, just listen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnq_W0i3Bs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le7YmrM8b0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Bishop
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
It's not Clancy. They have confirmed it is Andy Serkis.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/12/02/andy-serkis-confirms-hes-the-voice-in-the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer

omega sentry
12-10-2014, 12:46 PM
bummer..........in that case why do all the sith sound like this?

Moonrider
12-11-2014, 09:54 AM
Why do you think it's a Sith voice? It could very well be coming from a really old Jedi who survived the massacre.

Duane Korslund
12-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Or a super creepy droid

omega sentry
12-27-2014, 12:14 PM
Why do you think it's a Sith voice? It could very well be coming from a really old Jedi who survived the massacre.

because it wasn't just a low tune voice that was kind of scratchy. If this would have been a student film ok....but this is holywood, low pitch creepy voice = badguy.