PDA

View Full Version : The Flash!

KidIntense
10-11-2014, 02:27 PM
I saw The Flash tuesday, and this pilot show was awesome, I give it 5 stars. Barry Allen must seek revenge the one who framed his father and killed his mother. So the lightning strucked him and became the fastest man alive. Did I mention it is a spinoff to Arrow? The Flash is the coolest show in the world. Just wait until you wantch next week's episode.

Professor Etheric
10-22-2014, 03:41 PM
Last night, I watched the third episode. That is the threshold that any show needs to pass before I consider it worthy. I have to say, The Flash is making a good run (pun intended).

It's fun, with just the right amount of drama. It has some great high concept, as well as plenty of easter eggs for fans of DC Comics (in non-intrusive ways so, you know, done right).

I wasn't that impressed with Arrow, and people have long since learned not to discuss Man of Steel in my presence. That being said, The Flash is, in my opinion, how you do it. On this show, they remember that this stuff is supposed to be FUN.

That is, thus far, my $0.02 worth on the Flash. My Tuesdays are spoken for. (Now to wait for Constantine...)

jeffo46
10-30-2014, 07:09 AM
I'm trying really hard to like this show but, I just can not get into it. Why does the Flash need a team like Oliver has over on Arrow ? This show is so different from the comic , it's just difficult to get into it. The costume sucks, the writing is lame. I can't stand that guy Cisco who comes up with the names for the villains every week. He needs to go IMO. Plus , in the comics , Barry came up with the idea for his uniform and not Star labs, which he carries in a ring at a compressed size. The TV show completely ignores that. Arrow and Constantine are far superior shows compared to this one.

Duane Korslund
10-30-2014, 09:06 AM
I'm trying really hard to like this show but, I just can not get into it. Why does the Flash need a team like Oliver has over on Arrow ? This show is so different from the comic , it's just difficult to get into it. The costume sucks, the writing is lame. I can't stand that guy Cisco who comes up with the names for the villains every week. He needs to go IMO. Plus , in the comics , Barry came up with the idea for his uniform and not Star labs, which he carries in a ring at a compressed size. The TV show completely ignores that. Arrow and Constantine are far superior shows compared to this one.

I agree its not as good as Arrow....but better than Gotham...so kind of in the middle...still watching it for the time being.
Team Flash is a little too close to Team Arrow for my liking, but that's not too bad.
It has potential to break away from its limitations and become something better...but if it doesn't get away from trying to be Arrow, no one is going to be watching it for long.
I get that they're supposed to be "sister shows" but it feels like The Flash doesn't have an identity of its own just yet.
The trend is to have the hero supported by a team...that's great...but lets not make the similarities so obvious.
I dunno...its 7AM, and I haven'nt had any sleep...not the most well thought out post. Though I will say I saw the Captain Cold episode last night and despite the fact that Arrow was literally shoved in our face every ten seconds during that episode(even if it was my super crush Felicity!), I really enjoyed it. The visuals were amazing, and the way Barry handled his drama was decent (though I'm not a Grant Gustin fan).

Buckyrig
10-30-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't know. None of the individual episodes have been great or anything, but the show has a feel to it that works...and the show could if it finds its feet.

And I like that they do the little Mark Waid intro each episode so far.

jeffo46
11-01-2014, 05:37 AM
They need to get rid of that back-up team along with Dr.Wells. Why doesn't he just reveal himself as the monitor and get it over with fer pete's sake ? Give Gustin the classic costume as well and not that poor man's version of the Daredevil outfit from the movie.