PDA

View Full Version : angela copy rights

omega sentry
09-30-2014, 12:15 PM
Neil Gaiman went through all that lawsuit with Tood McFarlane only to give up his rights to marvel????

Why not just sell it to McFarlane??? He would have paid just as much as marvel for the rights????

This is just some underhanded move that discredits him...is one thing to fight for your character....but to do it to sell out and give it up.....wow...just wow....

Buckyrig
09-30-2014, 12:32 PM
If it's his character, it's his character.

...to do with as he pleases.

Frankly, the idea that any of the guys who started image should even be engaged in a fight to maintain control of a character someone else created is hypocritical.

Bishop
09-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Frankly, the idea that any of the guys who started image should even be engaged in a fight to maintain control of a character someone else created is hypocritical.

^ This is how I've seen the lawsuit from the very beginning.

Stewart Vernon
09-30-2014, 09:34 PM

100%!

From the beginning, that is what amazed me the most... the blatant hypocrisy of one of the founders of Image being involved in doing exactly what was the sworn "bad business" practiced by the big two of the day.

Then again... back when those guest-writers were announced for Spawn, I just knew there was going to be fallout from it... and I'm amazed there wasn't more trouble.

All things considered... I don't blame Gaiman one bit not only for fighting for his rights BUT when all was said and done, and if he had no plans for the character himself... making sure he sold the character to anyone but the guy who had tried to rip him off makes perfect sense.

crognus
10-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Why is this being discussed a year after?

L Jamal
10-01-2014, 03:20 PM
Because OS finally read a comic featuring Angela?