PDA

View Full Version : sin city a dame to kill for question.

omega sentry
09-22-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm never got into the sin city comic so I'm a little in the dark about this whole series....

Is John Hartigan played by Bruce Wills, Johnny played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt?

Unless this is so that whole plot makes no sense at all to be in the movie prequel sequel.

Rob Norton
09-22-2014, 03:07 AM
i want to answer your question but you phrased it so weird I don't know how to.

what are you asking?

Hartigan was played by bruce willis. and JGL played that new character, the card player, whatever his name was....

they are 2 separate characters... the card player character is new and was never in the comics.

rob

Moonrider
09-22-2014, 06:00 AM
He's probably thinking of Looper where JGL played the younger version of BW, and thought that maybe it's the same case in Sin City.

omega sentry
09-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Yeah I just got to re-watch the original.... it's been like 7 years since I watched it. I think hartigan gets shot by his partner and left for dead right ???

yeah I figured they pulled the same as Looper.... since hartigan has a big scar on his head.

Any ways like I said not a big miller fan... neither of the two lol :slap:

Johnny makes no sense or has no relevance to the story. He sort of just pops there and gets shot in the head by his father, ok.... why does he then favor the other son??? I would have favor Johnny.

is it there to make the audience hate him??? that kid is just stupid....he didn't win shit not one once of rep. oh he stood up to his father, bit him at poker and his father was such an ass whole he shots his own blood in the head...yeah who gets the bigger rep???

But that doesn't make me hate him or cheer for the good guy to kill this jerk.

When ever I see sin city I just feel they all need to die....psychotic lunatics.

ponyrl
09-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Bruce willis' character committed suicide in the first flick. came back as a ghost in the second.

The kid Johnny (Joseph Gordon Levittt) was a bastard son of the Roak.

No relation.

Hardboiled crime fiction, with a noir element, has no winner or good guys, just eff-ed up people in effed up lives, spiraling down in the darkness of their lives.

Moonrider
10-01-2014, 03:23 AM
came back as a ghost in the second.

Wait, what? :blink:

Rob Norton
10-01-2014, 03:53 AM
Wait, what? :blink:

I wouldn't say ghost. I guess you could take it that way. It was vague. I don't know, maybe

ponyrl
10-01-2014, 05:03 AM
Roak saw him which saved his girl. I guessed he was a spirit of some kind.

Morganza
10-01-2014, 06:00 AM
Nobody mentions how Marv survives the electric chair from the first movie.

I really liked the first Sin city, but this new one shits all over it with the screams of mental patients convulsing in maniacal lament...duh doi!

Moonrider
10-01-2014, 06:15 AM

I think that's because the story was set chronologically at the same time as That Yellow Bastard. The one with JGL is a new story so I didn't know the details as I haven't watched A Dame to Kill For.

Rob Norton
10-01-2014, 05:38 PM

I really liked the first Sin city, but this new one shits all over it with the screams of mental patients convulsing in maniacal lament...duh doi!

well, that's cause the Marv story was his LAST story, but told first. so he didn't survive. everything with him in a story is before that story where he died.

rob

Justice41
10-01-2014, 10:52 PM
I think that's because the story was set chronologically at the same time as That Yellow Bastard. The one with JGL is a new story so I didn't know the details as I haven't watched A Dame to Kill For.

No one has, The movie was like shit it just floated then was flushed. But left a lingering smell.

Moonrider
10-02-2014, 01:49 AM
Well, no need for the gross comparison. As it was with the 300 Rise of an Empire, this sequel just come out a few years too late. I'm sure it will find some small audience eventually.

ld-airgrafix
10-04-2014, 03:13 AM

This confused me as well, i thought second one was set in earlier times as marv was alive, plus the black dude that gets the golden eye. But than i got confused as bruce willis was dead?????

Moonrider
10-05-2014, 09:16 PM
The newly written stories (the Jessica Alba and JGL part) contradict the original continuity. It's as simple as that. Also, Frank Miller sucks.