PDA

View Full Version : X-men 1, 2, 3 first class, days and age

omega sentry
08-26-2014, 06:19 PM
So beginning to think people just hate the X-men because of child hood dreams and fanboyism ideals of how it should be.

Taking that out of the way the first 3 X-men movies are Ok. They're movies they are entertaining, the characters are fun not the best but eh.....

the new ones confused the hell out of it but now they seem like they will work with them...alternate reality wise which is an X-men theme anyways.

Though the new ones are far more entertaining, and rich in story than the original ones.

What will the age of apocalypse bring?

Justice41
08-26-2014, 06:45 PM
More Garbage from Singer. With GOTG and Avengers and even MOSNo excuse for the pedestrian X-men. Enough of the million X-men who basically are just cannon fodder and Moving crowd scenes. Singers Movies have no ring of authenticity. Just hollow lifeless flicks.

Moonrider
08-27-2014, 01:02 AM
Expect more Wolverine.

Slang Strong
08-27-2014, 04:28 PM
The X-Men were my favorite growing up in the 90's. I wasn't a fan of the first 3 movies, at all. I would chalk that up to a combination between them not being that great and me knowing how good they COULD be. Imagine if Marvel were able to handle an X-Men film with the same care they applied to The Avengers? I would imagine, given their track record, that it would be incredible.

That being said, I actually really enjoyed Days of Future Past and I went into that movie expecting not to like it. I really liked the way they wrapped things up as well but how do they transition to an Apocalypse movie set in the 80's, correct? So now we go back to the X-Men First Class crew which completely butchered the X-Men roster in the first place? I don't really care to see more of the First Class group as much as I like individual characters, I have a hard time even calling them the X-Men. But I was happily proven wrong with DOFP so perhaps they'll do the same with Apocalypse.

Duane Korslund
08-27-2014, 04:36 PM
1&2 were marginally OK....3 was shit....first class was a good start to fixing the shit of 3...and DoFP was a great fix for the shit of 3...it provides a good jumping off point to do a better job of creating a marvel movie on par with the others coming out. Gotta remember...the bar has been raised with Avengers, and GotG, and all the other great stuff coming out...so if Xmen wants to remain on the radar, they'll have to keep the pace.

Buckyrig
08-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Everyone creamed their shorts over X2.

Are we pretending that didn't happen now?

Co.Inkadink
08-27-2014, 09:20 PM
I liked X-men I loved X2 and I still do, I liked parts of X3 but it ruined the franchise the deaths of big characters. First Class I loved, I loved DOFP and I hope they can continue with Age of Apocalypse. I think DOFP fixed a lot of what the others broke* namely 3 and Wolverine: Origins.
Also I liked the first 2/3 of The Wolverine until it turned into a cartoon at the end.
I didn't expect much out of the X-men movies and I always thought the first one delivered pretty well. I collected X-men since 1980 and I knew they couldn't do a movie that stayed true to the comics IMPOSSIBLE. Bryan Singer despite his personal problems does these characters well and I like what he's done.

*This is the main reason I like DOFP it had plot holes and logic gaps as well but I found it a lot of fun and it made the X-men story open again which I thought was impossible.

dx
08-28-2014, 12:22 AM
I liked X-men I loved X2 and I still do, I liked parts of X3 but it ruined the franchise the deaths of big characters. First Class I loved, I loved DOFP and I hope they can continue with Age of Apocalypse. I think DOFP fixed a lot of what the others broke* namely 3 and Wolverine: Origins.
Also I liked the first 2/3 of The Wolverine until it turned into a cartoon at the end.
I didn't expect much out of the X-men movies and I always thought the first one delivered pretty well. I collected X-men since 1980 and I knew they couldn't do a movie that stayed true to the comics IMPOSSIBLE. Bryan Singer despite his personal problems does these characters well and I like what he's done.

*This is the main reason I like DOFP it had plot holes and logic gaps as well but I found it a lot of fun and it made the X-men story open again which I thought was impossible.

I often wish Fox never got a hold of X-men, and I can't stand what Singer has done with the X-men.

Moonrider
08-28-2014, 06:12 AM
Still, if it hadn't been for Singer we wouldn't even have the string of great Marvel superhero movies we have today. Blade may have ignited the trend, but it wasn't until X-Men that Hollywood thought a popular comic book title which features characters with strange and very visual superpowers could work.

Co.Inkadink
08-28-2014, 08:25 AM
It was mainly because of Hugh Jackman, I didn't like him as Wolverine until I saw him Same thing happened with "Heath Ledger Joker". But he became the focal point and it works in some movies but they went to that well too many times IMO. I did hate one part in X2 and it's where Jackman cries as Wolverine, She's Gone...She's Gone...That's not Wolverine he would've lit a stogie and looked angry.

Justice41
08-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Wolvy cried like a Bitch in X3 too after X was turned into confetti.

omega sentry
08-30-2014, 02:19 PM
It was mainly because of Hugh Jackman, I didn't like him as Wolverine until I saw him Same thing happened with "Heath Ledger Joker". But he became the focal point and it works in some movies but they went to that well too many times IMO. I did hate one part in X2 and it's where Jackman cries as Wolverine, She's Gone...She's Gone...That's not Wolverine he would've lit a stogie and looked angry.

uhmmm http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/99951/2802925-jean_grey_dies_in_new_x_men_148.jpg

bull should I get more???

Wolvy cried like a Bitch in X3 too after X was turned into confetti.

Justice you cry like a bitch for no reason.

Co.Inkadink
08-30-2014, 03:27 PM
It was mainly because of Hugh Jackman, I didn't like him as Wolverine until I saw him Same thing happened with "Heath Ledger Joker". But he became the focal point and it works in some movies but they went to that well too many times IMO. I did hate one part in X2 and it's where Jackman cries as Wolverine, She's Gone...She's Gone...That's not Wolverine he would've lit a stogie and looked angry.uhmmm http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/9/99951/2802925-jean_grey_dies_in_new_x_men_148.jpg

bull should I get more???

I'm talking about Wolverine. Not James Howlett little boy velvet britches wussy that he's been retconned into. Please post more if you need to but The Wolverine that I knew back in the 80s would've never cried like that.
This is how the Wolverine I know would've reacted. Watch til the end.
Z_UFRAz-4LE
He would've been like She's gone now.

And here's Wussyrine.
E792SjtFXc0
Go to 138 to hear the heartfelt sensitivity in his voice.

Rob Norton
08-30-2014, 04:52 PM
. I did hate one part in X2 and it's where Jackman cries as Wolverine, She's Gone...She's Gone...That's not Wolverine he would've lit a stogie and looked angry.

see...I didn't mind that at all. he IS a hard ass...but on occasion, there are things that move him emotionally...and her death was one. him and Cyclops kinda crying together over it, in different ways was, I thought, a really well handled reaction to what happened.
X2 was really great and I can watch it anytime and enjoy the shit out of it.. and the ONLY thing that pisses me off the most is seeing the set up they left at the end with the FLAMING PHOENIX in the water(to say nothing of jean greys EYES filled with flame in the jet) and how that fucking jagoff Ratner didn't think they could get away with a cosmic entity that looked like a flaming bird in their movie.
it would have been AWESOME, especially if Singer got to do what he wanted.

here's hoping they can correct that somewhere/somehow in future movies...I WANT THE DAMN FLAMING BIRD!!!

rob

Co.Inkadink
08-30-2014, 05:32 PM
see...I didn't mind that at all. he IS a hard ass...but on occasion, there are things that move him emotionally...and her death was one. him and Cyclops kinda crying together over it, in different ways was, I thought, a really well handled reaction to what happened.
rob
It ruins the moment for me. I guess to each his own.

omega sentry
08-31-2014, 11:29 AM
The Wolverine that I knew back in the 80s would've never cried like that.
Do you want me to scan my old 80's comics?

Stop being a fanboy wolverine of the 80's, is wolverine of the 90's and wolverine of 2000, wolverine of 2010.... unless it's a wolverine from a different time line wolverine it's the same wolverine....

Anything else, like different time lines unless is part of cannon, fanboy portrail of the character, and so forth is noncannon......

You can't be all wolverine from the 80's is my wolverine and they should portray that only because if not it ruins the moment. That is retarded.

and the only difference in the emotions is that one spoke the other didn't, so you want him not to speak...whatever.

Co.Inkadink
08-31-2014, 02:26 PM
The Wolverine that I knew back in the 80s would've never cried like that.
Do you want me to scan my old 80's comics?
YES !!!

You can't be all wolverine from the 80's is my wolverine and they should portray that only because if not it ruins the moment. That is retarded.

It's mentally challenged but it is the law. I only allow Wolverine to be the specific Wolverine I like. Sorry I will not accept other versions of him that don't exist in my mind.

omega sentry
10-18-2014, 04:08 PM
More Garbage from Singer. With GOTG and Avengers and even MOSNo excuse for the pedestrian X-men. Enough of the million X-men who basically are just cannon fodder and Moving crowd scenes. Singers Movies have no ring of authenticity. Just hollow lifeless flicks.

I have to disagree after watching the winter soldier, the avengers, and all the marvels I have to say that days of future past is by far the best marvel movie out there right now with exception of maybe guardians.

Days of future past is thought provoking....it hits the heart and challenges the mind with what we as humans have always challenged our selves with.

Avengers just makes you happy...pushes the inner nerd but it has no thought provoking material. Winter soldier which is being very celebrated by many is just a better version of the avengers but it doesn't hit home with any inner struggle. It's just a movie about spies gone wrong like all spy movies, with a lot of action and mild moments of nostalgia and little depth to the inner struggle of humanity.

To sum up days of future past.... hope. one word, not even a phrase but that one word means a lot...

I have no idea what you guys are thinking...is the inner nerd stopping you to see a good story because of name and the art direction of the characters are not what you first fell in love with....whatever.

It's mentally challenged but it is the law. I only allow Wolverine to be the specific Wolverine I like. Sorry I will not accept other versions of him that don't exist in my mind.

sad....men's portrayed machismo the way it's presented is as infectious as portraying women as eye candy that could run on stilettos for many miles. Is wrong and is a lie....not real.

Co.Inkadink
10-18-2014, 10:11 PM
sad....men's portrayed machismo the way it's presented is as infectious as portraying women as eye candy that could run on stilettos for many miles. Is wrong and is a lie....not real.

I'm not talking about machismo. I'm talking about the way Wolverine was portrayed from the beginning. He was a very rough course character, Jackman brought a sensitivity HIS sensitivity to the character and it was retconned into the comics. It is real, I know guys like that who would rather die than be seen crying and Wolverine was one of those type of guys. He might cry but he would do it privately. Think of Clint Eastwood he would internalize everything not because he didn't care but because he wouldn't handle it that way.

omega sentry
10-19-2014, 10:19 PM
There is a big difference between not wanting to cry for something, specially when you are detached...... you see a kid get smashed by the truck. Sad.....maybe if I think about it later I'll drop a tear in private.

phone call or even friend coming up to you and saying....Your girl friend, your wife just die sorry man... you don't believe it takes time to swallow you cry in private.

Now try to suppress your emotions as you are actually seeing the love of your life smash by and ocean.....knowing nothing in the world is going to save her....you jumping after wont help cause the impact alone will disintegrated her before you even hit water.....and his not going to lose it???? Not even clint....

he didn't cry when professor-x died....he didn't cry like a Magdalene when he killed jean...it's was just that one moment. Nothing else mattered at that point.... you can tell he really loves her because he respects her decision to be with scott because she says that's who she loves.

but I guess you can write some one to being heartless machines. I doubt that any of the men you mention has not lost it at some point in time. But that's the real world and then there is the world were you write some one to be ideal or not real.

Co.Inkadink
10-19-2014, 10:43 PM
There is a big difference between not wanting to cry for something, specially when you are detached...... you see a kid get smashed by the truck. Sad.....maybe if I think about it later I'll drop a tear in private.

phone call or even friend coming up to you and saying....Your girl friend, your wife just die sorry man... you don't believe it takes time to swallow you cry in private.

Now try to suppress your emotions as you are actually seeing the love of your life smash by and ocean.....knowing nothing in the world is going to save her....you jumping after wont help cause the impact alone will disintegrated her before you even hit water.....and his not going to lose it???? Not even clint....

he didn't cry when professor-x died....he didn't cry like a Magdalene when he killed jean...it's was just that one moment. Nothing else mattered at that point.... you can tell he really loves her because he respects her decision to be with scott because she says that's who she loves.

but I guess you can write some one to being heartless machines. I doubt that any of the men you mention has not lost it at some point in time. But that's the real world and then there is the world were you write some one to be ideal or not real.

Dude you really need a hug don't you?

Justice41
10-20-2014, 12:44 AM

It's like debating in a comic shop who can beat up who.. It's pointless. It's just a fucking movie, watched it and they sucked and we move on but OS is emotionally attached so no point arguing or discussing with him. Like talking to a menstruating chick.

Rob Norton
10-20-2014, 06:03 PM
Like talking to a menstruating chick.

wwwwow

Justice41
10-20-2014, 06:44 PM
wwwwow

It's visual and makes the point.

omega sentry
10-21-2014, 02:57 PM
It's like debating in a comic shop who can beat up who.. It's pointless. It's just a fucking movie, watched it and they sucked and we move on but OS is emotionally attached so no point arguing or discussing with him. Like talking to a menstruating chick.

haha wait, I thought we were talking about me not you justice. You're the one that complains like a girl on her period pointlessly. If only you had a point but 99% of the time you complain just because....you have been on a two decade long menstrual cycle.....and we are still waiting for your menopause.

Only if no one is watching wouldn't want to tarnish that macho thing you got going on. What would clint or 80's wolverine say.