PDA

View Full Version : Robin Williams dead

cheeseisgood1918
08-11-2014, 08:10 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! (http://news.kron4.com/news/breaking-actor-comedian-robin-williams-found-dead/)

First Harold Ramis and now this?! I'm depressed now.

Bishop
08-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! (http://news.kron4.com/news/breaking-actor-comedian-robin-williams-found-dead/)

I was just coming over to make the same thread. I am seriously going to miss him. Let's tribute him by posting some favorite clips...

nIWB-Neyj-c

The Dag
08-11-2014, 08:50 PM
i'm shocked. i was talking to my friend about it and i was listing all the movies i liked him in and the list is huge. growing up in the 80 & 90s there was nothing but good and great robin williams movies.

Scribbly
08-11-2014, 09:11 PM
I was just reading the news about this.
This is very sad. He was amazingly good.
Only gratitude for all the good moments he gave us.

Co.Inkadink
08-11-2014, 09:46 PM
Extremely sad.

Steven Forbes
08-11-2014, 10:17 PM
This is what I woke up to.

My only verbal reaction, to go along with extreme sadness, was one word.

"Fuck."

Rest in peace, Mr. Williams. You are already missed.

Moonrider
08-11-2014, 11:26 PM
I actually liked The Crazy Ones. The writing quality dropped somewhat on the last few episodes but it was good fun watching Robin Williams again on a regular basis. Damn.

Moonrider
08-11-2014, 11:28 PM

Don't be depressed. That's how he died in the first place.
:(

Duane Korslund
08-12-2014, 08:52 AM
RIP Robin...a talent that will be missed.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
08-12-2014, 11:13 AM
This is what I woke up to.

My only verbal reaction, to go along with extreme sadness, was one word.

"Fuck."

Rest in peace, Mr. Williams. You are already missed.

Exactly what I said when my daughter told me last night.... :cry:

He will forever be Mork to me. And it makes Depression that much more serious.

magiktori
08-12-2014, 12:51 PM
I actually liked The Crazy Ones. The writing quality dropped somewhat on the last few episodes but it was good fun watching Robin Williams again on a regular basis. Damn.

you could tell they knew they were canceled.' been bummed all day by his passing he brought too much joy to go out like that.

cheeseisgood1918
08-12-2014, 10:45 PM
Don't be depressed. That's how he died in the first place.
:(

Depressed may have been a poor choice words, but I am severely bummed out. There was a good year or so during my childhood that Good Morning Vietnam was my favorite movie. I was a weird kid.

Alyssa
08-14-2014, 04:43 PM
His wife has apparently stated he was battling with early stage parkinsons? Poor bugger.

Duane Korslund
08-14-2014, 04:48 PM
I guess the maladies were starting to pile up...Kinda went the way of Hunter S. Thompson...

Alyssa
08-14-2014, 04:59 PM
The thing is, depression- clinical depression- isn't necessarily linked with an event (like getting a diagnosis of parkinsons). It's a profound feeling of "lowness" that is there, in the background, every day. It can be exacerbated by bad news, feeling ill, or taking depressants like alcohol and drugs. Combine depression with depressants AND bad news? A guy could feel like there's no light a the end of the tunnel. Stay in that state long enough, and things go bad.

If there's one good thing about all of this, it's made public awareness rise again. If that saves just one person...

Bishop
08-14-2014, 05:05 PM
The thing is, depression- clinical depression- isn't necessarily linked with an event (like getting a diagnosis of parkinsons). It's a profound feeling of "lowness" that is there, in the background, every day. It can be exacerbated by bad news, feeling ill, or taking depressants like alcohol and drugs. Combine depression with depressants AND bad news? A guy could feel like there's no light a the end of the tunnel. Stay in that state long enough, and things go bad.

If there's one good thing about all of this, it's made public awareness rise again. If that saves just one person...

The diagnosis may not have caused the onset of depression, but one of the effects of Parkinson's disease is often depression. Therefore, whatever depression he was dealing with already may have been compounded by the disease (Parkinson's) itself.

Duane Korslund
08-14-2014, 05:10 PM

It truly begs the question: Are anti depressants the only way out? I know someone who's been on anti depressants for about 18 years...she's terrified to get off of them, but she wants to get off of them.
But that's a discussion for another thread.....on another forum....

Alyssa
08-14-2014, 05:26 PM
There's been a lot of new discoveries about depression. Some people don't produce hormones the way they should, therefore a medical "ammendment" is in order. There's others who go on medication until therapy can reverse the effects of a lifetime of negativity. Basically, they need to train their brains not to take the path it's accustomed to taking. It's different for everyone. But regardless of whether it's therapy or meds, the stigma needs to be removed. Just like someone with a shoddy heart might need a pacemaker, or someone with a broken leg might need a cast. If someone needs meds or therapy to "get better", there shouldn't be shame in that. Of course, in the case of your friend, easier said than done.

ponyrl
08-14-2014, 11:50 PM
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2014/08/15/entertainment-news/robin-williams-parkinsons-disease-wife-reveals/

Wife reveals he had early stages of parkinsons.