PDA

View Full Version : Hemlock Grove Season 2

johnjohn
08-01-2014, 10:17 PM
First season was okay, sometimes it was okay at best.
The story could drag and some of the actors seemed stiff with their lines feeling forced.

So far Season 2 is already off to a quicker pace with a tighter story, the actors seem a lot more believable in their roles, and the dialogue appears to flow easier.

I'm only about 4 episodes into the new season, but already it has me more intrigued than last season,and wondering what's going to happen next to keep me watching.

At least that's my take on it, anyone else watching?
What are your thoughts?

cheeseisgood1918
08-01-2014, 10:57 PM
I haven't started season 2 yet, but I watched the first. I enjoyed it, for the most part. The problem I had with it was that it felt fragmented. The story wasn't cohesive, and the way the characters behaved was inconsistent. Sounds like they've fixed some of that with season 2 though.

johnjohn
08-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Just finished Season 2.
Some interesting twists at the end, they definately set it up for a Season 3.
Can't say anythin more or I'll give stuff away.

Bishop
08-03-2014, 02:26 AM
So, is this show worth watching? I see Eli Roth attached and I assume gore-fest which isn't my thing...

johnjohn
08-03-2014, 10:23 AM
They don't dwell on the gore, but when it comes on screen they aren't shy about it.

I won't lie that the first season can drag and be choppy in parts with the actors being fairly wooden at times, especially at the beginning of the series.

But it is more character than f/x driven, and as the characters develop the interactions between them can really drive the story forward and create a great atmosphere that gets you smiling at the humorous parts, makes you laugh a bit louder at the funny parts (they like to pepper the series with dark humour and smart ass quips) and a bit more interested to see what's gonna happen next or how someone is going to get out of a situation.

I think the shows greatest strength is it knows how to keep a secret, and when it does let you in on it they don't tell you everything and then give you reminders that you don't know the whole secret.

Check it out, but give it a few episodes before you decide.
You may like it you may not.

cheeseisgood1918
08-04-2014, 08:59 PM
I agree with everything johnjohn said more or less. It's not for everyone, but there's plenty to like in it. As I recall the first season had gore, but it wasn't really used as a focal point to shock the audience. It's about as restrained as Roth gets.