PDA

View Full Version : Guardians of the Galaxy

Bishop
08-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Anyone else seen this yet? I was looking forward to it and it exceeded my expectations. It wasn't perfect by any means, but it was a load of fun with a lot of laughs, great action, and great visuals. The cameo after the credits was unexpected and cool.

Bishop
08-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Sonofa... Dang iPhone. I have no idea what a 'Guarfian' is...

L Jamal
08-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Sonofa... Dang iPhone. I have no idea what a 'Guarfian' is...

I believe you meant Guardian

Bishop
08-02-2014, 02:09 AM
I believe you meant Guardian

Thank you, very much.

Rob Norton
08-02-2014, 04:16 PM
I love(hate) how everyone these days has to justify loving a movie by being sure to throw in the obligatory "it wasnt perfect, but.."

No movie is perfect and i dont go into it expecting perfect. I just want to have a damn good time, but our nerd culture of nitpicking and critiquing everything to how much it makes sense of is structuraly flawless is so ridiculous.
Star wars isnt perfect. I love it whole heartedly.
Same with avengers, the dark knight, and a hundered other movies i could list.

And i expect GOTG to be the same when I see it. "Not perfect" Who cares? Damn fine entertainment? Im in.

(Fyi this is not a slight at YOU bishop. Just a general thought.

L Jamal
08-02-2014, 05:42 PM
This is my favorite comic book movie yet.
However, I preferred Yondu from the comic over the movie version.

Bishop
08-02-2014, 08:59 PM
I love(hate) how everyone these days has to justify loving a movie by being sure to throw in the obligatory "it wasnt perfect, but.."

No movie is perfect and i dont go into it expecting perfect. I just want to have a damn good time, but our nerd culture of nitpicking and critiquing everything to how much it makes sense of is structuraly flawless is so ridiculous.
Star wars isnt perfect. I love it whole heartedly.
Same with avengers, the dark knight, and a hundered other movies i could list.

And i expect GOTG to be the same when I see it. "Not perfect" Who cares? Damn fine entertainment? Im in.

(Fyi this is not a slight at YOU bishop. Just a general thought.

:cry:

This is my favorite comic book movie yet.
However, I preferred Yondu from the comic over the movie version.

I agree. I think I liked it better than the others. That has a lot to do with it being a straight up scifi space odyssey sort of movie. A movie with killer spaceship dog-fights will win me over 9 times out of 10.

Slang Strong
08-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Initially, I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was a strange choice to be thrown into the Marvel Cinematic Universe considering all the other characters were well established and well known. But then I thought that they must have known that they had something special to be throwing in a group that wasn't nearly as well known as The Avengers for instance. Then, over the last few weeks the reviews have been overwhelmingly positive leading up to GOTG much like they were with Cap 2 so that increased my expectations somewhat and I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

When I kept hearing people say this was the best Marvel movie yet, I was skeptical. But after seeing the movie myself I can see how people would feel that way. I don't know if it was my favorite Marvel movie yet but between GOTG and Cap 2 they've been so good it's been hard to tell.

L Jamal
08-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I enjoyed Cap 2, but it needed Cap 1 and Avengers before it.
GotG stands alone and had a Celestial head!!!
Where else are you going to get to go inside the head of a Celestial?

Angel
08-09-2014, 12:09 PM
GOTG was amazingly entertaining. IMO as a fan of Star Wars, I think it was better than the last 3 $W movies combined and could serve as a refresher course for Lucas/Disney. Also outside of the credits I would have never guessed that was Lee Pace under all of that Ronan costume. Acting! Marvel keeps serving DC hard in the movie making game.

Moonrider
08-11-2014, 05:57 AM
I won't be able to see this movie until August 30th. Dang it.

Newt
08-11-2014, 02:33 PM
I liked it. Sweet soundtrack, too.

Buckyrig
08-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Might not get around to seeing this in the theater simply because there are only 2 non-3D showing a day...and they're not the most convenient times.

painintheass

dx
08-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Might not get around to seeing this in the theater simply because there are only 2 non-3D showing a day...and they're not the most convenient times.

painintheass

Have you tried coughing into a phone and having a sick day?

Bishop
08-13-2014, 08:43 AM

painintheass

I thought the 3D was actually well done and worth it on this one.

Buckyrig
08-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I thought the 3D was actually well done and worth it on this one.

I wear glasses.

It turns it into a hassle.

Bishop
08-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Understood. I don't go 3d when I don't have my contacts in.

L Jamal
08-13-2014, 03:46 PM
I watch 3D with glasses all the time.
I don't watch many 3D movies because I don't want to pay the additional $3, but GotG in 3D was worth the extra $3.

Newt
08-14-2014, 04:27 PM
So...in the second scene, where Quill is on the abandoned planet looking for the Space Maguffin, he turns on his visor and sees people superimposed over the landscape. What was that about?

Bishop
08-14-2014, 05:06 PM
So...in the second scene, where Quill is on the abandoned planet looking for the Space Maguffin, he turns on his visor and sees people superimposed over the landscape. What was that about?

I took it as some sort of historical recording

Scaleyinx
08-18-2014, 04:46 AM
I liked it. Sweet soundtrack, too.

I concur with this statement!

Finally, got around to watching it last night.

Only thing to add, is that at times, I felt like I was watching Farscape - but it was the good, rib-eye steak version!

Co.Inkadink
08-18-2014, 09:33 AM
I saw it friday with my wife and we both loved it.

RskimB
08-26-2014, 02:52 AM
Great movie, definitely lived up to expectations. Comedy, action, soundtrack were all very strong.

Moonrider
08-27-2014, 01:01 AM
I saw it friday with my wife and we both loved it.

What is this movie called 'it friday'? Is it about people working in an IT company and the movie revolves around them waiting for the weekends to start but they're stuck at the office on Friday during crunch time?

*ahem*

So yeah I loved Guardians of The Galaxy. I had to wait a long time after the US premiere before the movie arrives in my country, but it was well worth the wait. Rocket Raccoon look, shoot and talk better than I had hoped. It's almost like watching Star Wars for the first time.

Phatman
08-27-2014, 01:27 AM
Nice to go to a fun, well made movie for a change.