PDA

View Full Version : Mad Max

Bishop
07-29-2014, 10:02 PM
I love a good post apocalyptic action flick. Especially, if it has Max in it. This looks pretty sweet to me...

akX3Is3qBpw

Charles
07-30-2014, 12:33 AM
Looks good.

Alyssa
07-30-2014, 12:57 AM
I like me a lush post-apocalypse, personally. They were gonna film this in Australia, but ridonkulous wet weather made the proposed set too green. What's wrong with a bunch of green, I say?

Nevertheless, I'll give this a go. A friend told me it had Gerard Butler playing as Max, and I was gonna get my SWOON on, but I see now that was false info. I'm always up for Charlize Theron though, she's a bloody good actress, as far as I'm concerned.

Luke Noonan
07-30-2014, 01:10 PM
1) it has what most folks are waiting to see, the crazy mohawk dieselpunks, but it's supposed to be a reboot and we don't get to see Max before he loses everything and the world turns to shit, as in the original?
2) the girls in willowy druidpunk dresses and the significant sounding line "help the world!" at the beginning remind me of the cod-philosophical crap at the end of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. No, please, please, no.
3) Tom Hardy never seems less than jolly to me, no matter who he plays or what he does. He made Bane seem more cheerful than the Joker.

4) 1+ for the The Car That Ate Paris.

Bishop
04-29-2015, 10:57 PM
Two weeks from Friday!

MonFNCgK4WE

Moonrider
04-30-2015, 03:58 AM
1) it has what most folks are waiting to see, the crazy mohawk dieselpunks, but it's supposed to be a reboot and we don't get to see Max before he loses everything and the world turns to shit, as in the original?
2) the girls in willowy druidpunk dresses and the significant sounding line "help the world!" at the beginning remind me of the cod-philosophical crap at the end of Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome. No, please, please, no.
3) Tom Hardy never seems less than jolly to me, no matter who he plays or what he does. He made Bane seem more cheerful than the Joker.

4) 1+ for the The Car That Ate Paris.

It's not really a reboot. It's just a new Mad Max movie with a different actor.

Buckyrig
04-30-2015, 11:31 AM
I've never actually seen a Mad Max movie. :whistlin:

Bishop
04-30-2015, 11:53 AM
This looks to be a good place to start!

Moonrider
05-23-2015, 12:09 PM
I managed to get my wife and I see it in the theater today. She kept squirming from all of the carnage on screen while I couldn't stop grinning all through the movie.
It was glorious.

Bishop
05-23-2015, 05:44 PM
I loved it. One of the best action movies I've ever seen.