PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool footage

Bishop
07-28-2014, 02:37 PM
Supposed concept footage from the defunct Deadpool movie (starts around the 19 second mark):

EqQI4S0MOO0

Kind of makes me wish it had gotten made, despite how he was treated in Origins.

You can get better audio here, but I couldn't embed the video in this post...

http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/28/5944841/deadpool-test-footage-allegedly-leaked-from-movie

Slang Strong
07-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Wow, that actually looks fantastic. At first I thought it seemed like a fan made trailer but once the action got started the effects were incredible.

Bishop
07-28-2014, 04:45 PM
Yeah, I think it was concept work done by Plastic Wax, who do a lot of the cg for videogame cutscenes. It almost feels like it could be an ad for a new Deadpool game.

omega sentry
09-18-2014, 11:58 AM
well it was real cause they took it down...

Bishop
09-18-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah. Ryan Reynolds recently addressed this as 'leaked' footage and said the reaction proved that Deadpool could carry a film. It will be interesting to see if anything comes of it.

Bishop
09-19-2014, 08:44 AM
Well, the internet spoke and the studio listened. Looks like Deadpool has a release date now:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/18/6435161/the-deadpool-movie-is-coming-february-12th-2016

Rob Norton
09-20-2014, 06:56 PM
im gonna make a prediction. the Deadpool movie will suck.

I really don't think the character is strong enough to stand on his own anyway. and those studios cant put together a decent movie outside of that last awesome xmen movie. but all the wolverines have been horrible to average... the new spidermans don't seem to be really doing anything great. they come and go and are forgotten. and that's fucking WOLVERINE and SPIDERMAN. and they think they can make a Deadpool movie work?

I don't think so.

as for that leaked footage that got everyone so excited. I REALLY don't see the appeal. he was CGI right? it looked so fake. I mean...it worked as like, a short film and was awesome when seen in that light. but a 2 hour movie just like that? I don't see how it could work.

I could be wrong. it might work. the character has the potential. but a stand alone flick...I just don't see it. they should do a fucking awesome xforce movie with cable and domino and cannonball and shatterstar and all that shit, and have deadpool as one of the adversary in that movie. then it could have the backing of the X-franchise.

we will see I guess

rob

Bishop
09-20-2014, 08:56 PM
I agree. I think that this could be pulled off by Marvel Studios, but Fox will just make it a generic crapfest like the Wolverine movies.

omega sentry
09-30-2014, 12:02 PM
the wolverine movies are just as good as the captain American movies...I think you are all either just nerd raging or don't want to see the flaws that captain America or captain America the winter soldier has. No offense but they are up to par...need we mention what they did to the mandarin !

Rob Norton
09-30-2014, 06:23 PM
the wolverine movies are just as good as the captain American movies...I think you are all either just nerd raging or don't want to see the flaws that captain America or captain America the winter soldier has. No offense but they are up to par...need we mention what they did to the mandarin !

haha...nah...Ill just have to go ahead and disagree with you 100% on that.

the first cap was a fun, well balanced flick with a great performance by chris evans that surprised most of us by showing he could play a completely believable steve rogers. not the most mind blowing movie ever but fun. this is the general consensus...not nerd raging bullshit excuses

wolverine origins was a nightmare of crappy story, horrible effects, and more characters than it knew what to do with...and ruined a great chance with deadpool.
but you are right...its awesome.. what do we know....

the Wolverine was a step in the right direction. slower pace, attempt at character development, fewer characters... a good start. but still... it came and went and no one gives a shit. a movie that will never be talked about again. AND that fucking stupid ending with giant retarded robot was the dumbest thing ever..

and Winter soilder, huge success, liked by everyone. a different take on the superhero genre with a spy inspired story. repercussions that matter and will effect things to follow AND done in a way that we are interested in. good action...or rather, EFFECTIVE action that moves the story along.

but no... its just the same as "origins". you are right. they are all the same.

its just us fan boys nerd raging is all. we don't know better.

no movie is perfect. that's a given. no movie ever will be.

rob

p.s. and the mandarin thing, seriously, get over it. at LEAST it was daring and interesting and was a great performance by Kingsly. yeah, I wanted traditional mandarin with magical rings, the the iron man movie guys said they wont put "magical" elements in their "tech" movies cause they just don't fit together. I disagree but I wasn't surprised.

omega sentry
10-02-2014, 08:27 AM
and Winter soilder, huge success, liked by everyone. a different take on the superhero genre with a spy inspired story. repercussions that matter and will effect things to follow AND done in a way that we are interested in. good action...or rather, EFFECTIVE action that moves the story along.

the winter soldier was the script for the nick fury movie they never made. it was not a captain America movie...it didn't feel like it at all. It didn't feel heroic. Just a spy movie with a bunch of marvel characters thrown in. Just as many characters if not more thrown in than Wolvies....

I think when it comes down to it...if it over sells in the box office every one neglects to point out the 100 and 1 things wrong in the movie. That's ok...I suppose.

The wolverine origins was fun...If they would have kept the gambit parts out which I do admit were the weak point of the movie....it would have been my favorite marvel movie.

Yes captain America was fun but the introduction of the red skull was done poorly. It was an un-expected let down considering that a great actor that was playing him. So we are left to blame the poor directing by the director....

as for the mandarin uhhmmm yes they could fit together there are movies that have fitted fantasy and reality together rather well...if not by the fantasy alone by the science which made the fantasy.

But my beef with it was not the fact that they didn't go traditional....is that they destroyed what could have been a great villain by trying to be new and clever.....They build a villain that people were growing to hate only to make him a schmuk and give credit to some one no one cared about.

DId you care about the nerd cripple that turned ruggedly boring...I'm the pretty boy now and master mind of all....

the epic movie would have gone like this.....mandarin the bad as terrorist gets betrayed by pretty boy....because power... let's see throw in that the mandarins organization is a pseudo working branch of hydra to have that connection to the other phase movies...iron man saves the day. But noooooo!!!!!

crognus
10-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Super hero movies are so hit and miss that I try to go into each one with an open mind. If it rocks, then awesome. If it sucks, well at least they tend to have some cool action scenes most of the time.

People blame movies for ruining comic characters, but they tend to forget half of the comics that come out aren't that great either. Look at how big a mess a lot of the new 52 is (I finally started reading it, yay).