PDA

View Full Version : Batman Television Series...

Steven Forbes
07-25-2014, 07:45 AM
I don't know. I'm a bit appalled.

They're selling it two ways. The first way is the complete series, and it's on DVD. The retail price? $179.74 on Amazon.

The second way is as a limited collector's edition on blu-ray, and that's going for $269.97, also on Amazon.

I get that the series is beloved. I get that we've waited for a damned long time for this to happen. But doesn't this seem expensive? Is it just me?

Would you pay this price for this product?

Personally, I'd pay $150 and $200 respectively for these. Not much more than that, though.

The other thing that gets me, aside from the price, is the fact that people are allowed to rate the item. It doesn't even go on sale yet! Not until Nov 11, just in time for the X-Man rush. (I know, I know, Xmas...) I don't get it at all.

Anyway, that's me. What about you?

Morganza
07-25-2014, 08:19 AM
I think it's outrageous to charge so much, they would sell so much more if the price was reasonable. It's flat out greed.

Co.Inkadink
07-25-2014, 08:32 AM
19.99 per season is all I would pay and I'd probably wait til it hit the cheaps at Wal-Mart. It wasn't that good of a show.

Duane Korslund
07-25-2014, 09:13 AM
As a kid it was great to watch, but we're adults...I just don't get the same thrill. I only watch it now out of a nostalgia and I feel slightly ashamed that I loved this so much. No way I'd pay that much....no way no how.

Buckyrig
07-25-2014, 11:31 AM
19.99 per season is all I would pay and I'd probably wait til it hit the cheaps at Wal-Mart. It wasn't that good of a show.

Yep. (I could see them charging $40 per season and still be being reasonable, but I wouldn't pay that much.)

It's ridiculous how much they try to charge in general for television series...at least when they're first released on DVD/BluRay.