PDA

View Full Version : Gothasm

Luke Noonan
05-23-2014, 05:01 AM
I thought there'd be a thread on this already, but here we go:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d1zpt6k5OI

Thoughts? One thing that troubles me is that it looks like the double homicide was not random but tied into some larger first season plot-arc, another is that EN looks like he'll be much older than BM by the time of established canon events, a third is that they change the name of the 4th villain shown for the sake of people with short attention spans.
One thing I have hopes for is that they'll focus on some of the many, many lesser known characters never seen outside the comics, but I'm expecting being wrong... :whistlin:

Slang Strong
05-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of them going back and rewriting what happened. Or maybe re-imagining would be a better word? DC's done it with Smallville, and to a lesser extent Arrow. Overall I really like Arrow though, it's a good show. But the difference is, at least they're focusing ON Arrow and how he becomes Green Arrow.

This is basically a Batman show without Batman. So basically, the main ingredient, the thing that makes everything else interesting is the one thing you're leaving out. It just doesn't make sense to me on any level. Gordon's an interesting character but is he basically going to be the Batman substitute for the show? And how will that work? I don't really have very high hopes for this show. We'll see.

Duane Korslund
05-23-2014, 12:04 PM
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of them going back and rewriting what happened. Or maybe re-imagining would be a better word? DC's done it with Smallville, and to a lesser extent Arrow. Overall I really like Arrow though, it's a good show. But the difference is, at least they're focusing ON Arrow and how he becomes Green Arrow.

This is basically a Batman show without Batman. So basically, the main ingredient, the thing that makes everything else interesting is the one thing you're leaving out. It just doesn't make sense to me on any level. Gordon's an interesting character but is he basically going to be the Batman substitute for the show? And how will that work? I don't really have very high hopes for this show. We'll see.

I kinda feel like this...Gotham City without Batman....kind of hurk....

Eliseu Gouveia
05-23-2014, 12:37 PM
I've had more Batman than I can stomach in a lifetime.

So much that even a Batmanless Gotham leaves me cold.

Paul Sanderson
06-25-2014, 09:37 PM
The pilot looks good, very high quality treatment, but...this will ultimately suffer in the same way that Smallville did. It's a Batman show (despite the producers saying to the contrary) without Batman, and how long can that sustain itself? Do people really want to, potentially, give away another ten years of their lives for a show that will likely never fulfill its promise to the satisfaction of the majority? Look how badly Smallville ended.