PDA

View Full Version : A Full Marvel Reboot?

Co.Inkadink
05-21-2014, 05:15 PM
Marvel Reboot (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/05/19/time-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-september-and-a-full-marvel-reboottime-runs-out-the-marvel-event-for-may-2015-avengers-to-skip-eight-months-in-septe/)
Avengers #35 and New Avengers #24 will both jump eight months in time in September.

Duane Korslund
05-21-2014, 05:20 PM
gah....just...gah....

Evan Henry
05-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Yes, please.

Khuth
05-29-2014, 12:41 PM
This is why it's hard for me to get back into comics. I really don't know what's going on, especially trying to figure out the differences between Avengers and New Avengers. Though I admit it's nice not having four different Spiderman titles like they did back in the day, but trying to jump in... all the stories feel too convoluted.

Duane Korslund
05-29-2014, 12:50 PM
Yeah, Marvel...DC...anyone who does these radical continuity reboots needs some sort of comprehensive compendium bridging where things were, to where they're going...otherwise its just annoying.
We could blame it all on Hank McCoys time travel and be done with it though :)

Khuth
05-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I just read about the new X-Men and bringing the original class to the present. As interesting as the ideas are, I'd prefer a more limited series or special like the AoA stuff. All the previews and stuff I see it just makes all the comics these days not seem as grounded with a constant need for the grandiose.

Co.Inkadink
05-29-2014, 05:13 PM
This is why it's hard for me to get back into comics. I really don't know what's going on, especially trying to figure out the differences between Avengers and New Avengers. Though I admit it's nice not having four different Spiderman titles like they did back in the day, but trying to jump in... all the stories feel too convoluted.
Well here you go, just wait until september and jump on. All the books now will be irrelevant then.

Khuth
05-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Too bad it doesn't guarantee that the titles will be any good, or it will be easy for readers to keep on for long before it gets convoluted.