PDA

View Full Version : The Flash 5 minute trailer

kamikaze
05-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Anyone else catch this trailer yet? I think this will be another hit show in the making.

<iframe src="http://blip.tv/play/hqUXg6SZPwI.x?p=1" width="720" height="433" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://a.blip.tv/api.swf#hqUXg6SZPwI" style="display:none"></embed>

Paul Sanderson
05-15-2014, 09:33 PM
Agreed.

The Dag
05-15-2014, 09:43 PM
it looks so much better then i thought it would.

Paul Sanderson
05-15-2014, 10:15 PM
Agreed also.

Justice41
05-15-2014, 10:19 PM
Meh........................

Paul Sanderson
05-15-2014, 10:21 PM
^ What else is new?

Justice41
05-15-2014, 10:33 PM
Crap is crap no matter the packaging. I am just not the target audience.

dx
05-18-2014, 11:18 PM
Crap is crap no matter the packaging. I am just not the target audience.

You're never the target audience, and everything is crap to you.

Angel
05-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Sooooo the 1st villain is going to be Pigpen?

Co.Inkadink
05-19-2014, 01:45 AM
I like it.

Justice41
05-19-2014, 01:48 AM
My Bad, Apologizes, I only saw that few second teaser and wasn't thrilled but the 5 minute one was very good. My kid liked it and my Nephew did as well. I really dug that pose the flash was in when he grabbed the bike messenger.

Moonrider
05-19-2014, 02:20 AM
It's still going take me a while longer to get used to the costume, but the trailer looks decent. Definitely looks better than the Constantine trailer, and I like how they visualize Barry's perception of the world around him in slow motion.

Co.Inkadink
05-19-2014, 02:37 AM
What's great is that TV is finally doing real Superhero costumes again. I'm not sold on the costume either but it looks like they're going to explain the necessity of it as being the material etc. I like the fact that these shows are more comic booky now and they aren't shying away from it.

Slang Strong
05-19-2014, 10:16 AM
What's great is that TV is finally doing real Superhero costumes again. I'm not sold on the costume either but it looks like they're going to explain the necessity of it as being the material etc. I like the fact that these shows are more comic booky now and they aren't shying away from it.

I agree with you, I'm especially surprised at how THIS costume turned out considering it's straight out of the WB. I believe in the trailer they did start to explain the costume as well. I like Arrow for instance and I think this looks even better than Arrow, but as far as them making it more "comic booky" I'm not completely sold yet but hopefully I'm wrong. The trailer definitely looks promising.

Moonrider
05-19-2014, 11:57 AM
Compared to what we got in Smallville and Arrow, the costume does look a bit more ... *ahem* flashy.

Justice41
05-19-2014, 12:29 PM
In the old show the costume was made out of some sorta friction and fire resistant material because every time Shipp would run his clothes and shoes would catch fire or disintegrate.
Makes sense they are following the old shows basic formula. I believe it was a female friend who also helped Shipp out with his costume. I also believe they used that same effect in the old show to show how the flash sees stuff when his powers kick in.

ponyrl
05-20-2014, 01:24 AM
S.T.A.R labs scientist gave Shipp a wet suit designed for deep sea exploration that could take the depths pressure and friction.

She had sensors implanted through out the suit to monitor his body functions and could track him incase he has a hypoglycemic episode.

...I remember 90% of that show like I watched yesterday (haven't watched the dvd boxset in years).

Justice41
05-20-2014, 02:34 AM
S.T.A.R labs scientist gave Shipp a wet suit designed for deep sea exploration that could take the depths pressure and friction.

She had sensors implanted through out the suit to monitor his body functions and could track him incase he has a hypoglycemic episode.

...I remember 90% of that show like I watched yesterday (haven't watched the dvd boxset in years).

Don't remember any of that except that he would get really hungry after running but as his body adjusted it didn't affect him as badly. Then They had Mark Hamill in the show and i never watched it again.

Co.Inkadink
05-20-2014, 06:56 AM
Compared to what we got in Smallville and Arrow, the costume does look a bit more ... *ahem* flashy.
Smallville disappointed me 95% of the time, the costumes were awful except for the JSA episodes. "I can't believe I gave 10 years of my life for that show." Arrow went with that more recent Green Arrow outfits in mind, I think it's been pretty faithful. The only place they stumbled IMO is with the "vigilante" term and no mask for the first season. I think Arrow has proved along with things like The Avengers that the Comic type costumes can work in live action if taken seriously.

Moonrider
05-20-2014, 10:58 AM

The Nightshade episodes were kind of cool, even though he's basically a reworked concept of Golden Age Sandman.

jeffo46
05-20-2014, 06:56 PM
It does look entertaining but, when I see the costume for this series , I'm suddenly reminded of that shitty outfit they used in the Daredevil film.

omega sentry
05-22-2014, 12:46 AM
The dialog is kind of nerdy...smallville had better dialog.

I was expecting some thing else...still looks watchable.

Paul Sanderson
06-25-2014, 09:34 PM
I can't wait to see this. Looks superb so far.