PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Turtles

Bishop
03-27-2014, 09:46 PM
They finally released a trailer. I'm undecided. Will this suck or not?

nCjsWpM9zFU

scrappy
03-27-2014, 10:14 PM
looks like they now have teenage mutant in the title now too. im undecided as well. looks cliche with the set up....the mikey part at the end got me excited tho. seemed like a real teen. and im not all too disappointed in their look either. its something different. why not.

Eliseu Gouveia
03-28-2014, 03:51 AM
Doesn't look as completely horrible as I feared.

Duane Korslund
03-28-2014, 09:03 AM
the shredder situation seems kind of weird...was the white guy the shredder?

Bishop
03-28-2014, 09:37 AM
the shredder situation seems kind of weird...was the white guy the shredder?

Yeah. William Fichtner is Shredder which seems odd to me as well. From some reason, some of the plot-points here seem very reminiscent of Amazing Spiderman to me... Evil corporation doing covert experiments to create animal-based mutations. The missing father that was involved in said experiments. Etc, etc.

Duane Korslund
03-28-2014, 09:44 AM
Yeah. William Fichtner is Shredder which seems odd to me as well. From some reason, some of the plot-points here seem very reminiscent of Amazing Spiderman to me... Evil corporation doing covert experiments to create animal-based mutations. The missing father that was involved in said experiments. Etc, etc.

I'd have to recheck it, but I could swear there was a line in there somewhere about Aprils father being involved...

Bishop
03-28-2014, 02:22 PM
I'd have to recheck it, but I could swear there was a line in there somewhere about Aprils father being involved...

Yes, that;s what I meant by the missing father bit. They are tying April to the Turtles through her father that apparently had a hand in their creation.

Duane Korslund
03-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Yes, that;s what I meant by the missing father bit. They are tying April to the Turtles through her father that apparently had a hand in their creation.

Yep...obviously they arent going for innovative as far as the story goes...as you mentioned it reads right from Amazing Spiderman....I guess as long as it "Ooohs" and "Aaaaahs" the eyes story doesnt matter :\

If they wanted to move away from the turtles being found in the sewer covered in Ooze...I can sort of respect that...but I'm they could have been slightly more creative.....ah well....

Bishop
03-28-2014, 05:18 PM
Well, they tried to be 'creative' initially by making them aliens. At least that was the rumor.

Duane Korslund
03-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Well, they tried to be 'creative' initially by making them aliens. At least that was the rumor.

Ah, I heard the ooze was alien in nature at first...

Meh...maybe we're just implacable as consumers...and Bay's really a super genius, and tragically misunderstood.

Slang Strong
03-31-2014, 02:12 PM
Yep, initially Michael Bay's plan was to make the turtles aliens but fans flipped out so they backtracked from that idea.

I actually don't mind the look of the turtles at all but the tone of the trailer didn't really seem TMNT to me. The way the trailer starts out talking about all the dire threats facing the world seem kind of out of place to me. Ninja Turtles was a pretty lighthearted cartoon so it just seems like a little much to me.

Bishop
03-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Yep, initially Michael Bay's plan was to make the turtles aliens but fans flipped out so they backtracked from that idea.

I actually don't mind the look of the turtles at all but the tone of the trailer didn't really seem TMNT to me. The way the trailer starts out talking about all the dire threats facing the world seem kind of out of place to me. Ninja Turtles was a pretty lighthearted cartoon so it just seems like a little much to me.

The cartoon was, yes. The original comics were a bit dark. The movie seems to be striking a tone more similar to the comics than the cartoon.

scrappy
03-31-2014, 04:27 PM
I thought the first movie had the perfect tone. It was dark but grounded. This seems typical Michael Bay with the flash and action. I think it worked well for Transformers but might be a little to over the top here.

Bishop
03-31-2014, 04:52 PM
I liked this one a lot:
gisFzhNu63Y

scrappy
03-31-2014, 05:51 PM
yeah. TMNT was well done.

Angel
03-31-2014, 09:34 PM
They look more like the Mike Zulli "Souls Winter" turtles.

Slang Strong
04-01-2014, 04:07 PM
The cartoon was, yes. The original comics were a bit dark. The movie seems to be striking a tone more similar to the comics than the cartoon.

That's a good point, but I think the changes Michael Bay has made are less about being true to the original comics and more about not really caring about the source material at all.

Bishop
04-01-2014, 04:34 PM
That's a good point, but I think the changes Michael Bay has made are less about being true to the original comics and more about not really caring about the source material at all.

That is a nice assumption. I am not a Bay fan, but he is not the only one working on the film. The director, Liebesman, is a fan and worked directly with Eastman in developing the movie. He has said that the movie will tie very nicely into the existing mythology. I'm hoping that his vision will shine through. I enjoyed his Battle LA.

Angel
04-01-2014, 11:12 PM
The noses and lips look creeeeeepy

Newt
04-02-2014, 10:30 AM
We are not the target audience.

Already in line for tickets:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z161/Newt1453/turtles_zpsd242d52a.jpg (http://s194.photobucket.com/user/Newt1453/media/turtles_zpsd242d52a.jpg.html)

omega sentry
04-14-2014, 06:19 PM
The noses and lips look creeeeeepy

Blame the new age artist like Ray Dillon for the new look....:p

omega sentry
08-30-2014, 02:23 PM
I take it back the turtles work....it's megan fox that sucks big monkey balls....

Moonrider
08-31-2014, 07:53 AM
megan fox ... sucks big monkey balls....

I'd pay top dollar for that.

omega sentry
08-31-2014, 11:37 AM
Her acting is horrible you would want a refund. :w00t:

Moonrider
08-31-2014, 07:41 PM
But I hear the monkey is up for an Oscar nod...

omega sentry
09-18-2014, 11:57 AM
Roxana Banana had an Oscar too....

omega sentry
12-27-2014, 12:08 PM
I just got the DVD, OMG the original movie has better acting and plot :( we wont be seeing a new turtle movie for a long while.

Why didn't they just do the lucas thing, and put the turtle CGI on the Muppets turtles and called it a day....turtles in time had better acting...hell secret of the oozz had better acting....

well the CGI acting and the voice actors for the turtles were amazing....it's all the human acting that sucked.....

if you cut out the human acting from the CGI acting it's like they were filming two different movies...and some dude stitched up scenes together from the good moive and a bad movie and put it on youtube to troll the fans.