PDA

View Full Version : "Chevalier the Queen's Mouseketeer" creators on Patreon

TheDeeMan
03-27-2014, 03:00 AM
Hi guys. My partner Monique and I have see up a page on the new Kickstarter-ish website Patreon to help gain support with our self publishing endeavors. We hope to be able to gain enough support to be able to move our print comics off of the godawful POD Lulu and on to Ingram Spark where we can set our own discounts and return policies which will make our self published books more appealing to bookstores and thereby improve our publishing fortunes and help us determine our own publishing future.

If you're interested in becoing a supporter you can find our Patreon page here:

http://www.patreon.com/ComicsbyMonique

And here's a glimpse of our comics on Youtube:

Dee and Monique's Comics
L6XSvTyiPIo

Thanks,

Dee

TheDeeMan
03-27-2014, 07:32 AM
Oops. My partner says I jumped the gun a little and that the Patreon page won't be fully finished for a day or two. So there will be more stuff on the page shortly.

Dee

L Jamal
03-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Such as how often an update will occur?
Have you tried Amazon's CreateSpace.com?
They are POD as well, but their costs appear to be cheaper than Lulu.
Your main source of selling seems to be Amazon.com anyway which Createspace allows.

TheDeeMan
03-27-2014, 05:40 PM
Yes, Createspace is a POD. But like Lulu Createspace doesn't offer the industry standard 55% discount or accept returns (things bookstores INSIST on) which makes any promotional effort on your part to bookstores using either ultimately worthless(and there's a bookstore backlash going on against Creatspeace books right now because of Amazon). Because no matter how much a bookstore likes your book once they check with their distributor and find out that both Lulu AND Createspace offer the short 20% discount (that most other POD's offer as well) they aren't likely to stock your books because they'll literally be handing the book from the distributor to the patron without making a dollar in profit for themselves. So moving to Ingram Spark I can offer 55% discounts and accept returns and more fully take my publishing future into my own hands and not have to depend on what little Lulu or Createspace are offering brick-N-mortar bookstores by way of standard bookstore discounts in favor of doing business almost solely with online retailers like Amazon, B&N, etc.

And Like I said, I jumped the gun on posting the link top the Patreon page before I knew for sure it was finished so again--My bad

Dee

TheDeeMan
03-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Okay, our Patreon page is finally finished. You can check it out here:

http://www.patreon.com/ComicsbyMonique

Dee