PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic F'up

Justice41
02-20-2014, 03:14 AM
This is the F cast for the new FF flick. Pathetic.
http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/First-Family.jpg

Bishop
02-20-2014, 08:22 AM
Weird casting. I figure the movie can't possibly be any worse than the first two, though.

Nitecrawlah2
02-20-2014, 01:28 PM
While I think this cast might actually work better together on screen than the previous, I just can't get excited for any new FF movies anymore.

Duane Korslund
02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Its weird...with the current cast I think the invisible woman is the only one that looks right....which is the opposite of the old cast where I felt Jessica Alba was all wrong for Sue Storm and everyone else worked perfectly.

jeffo46
02-24-2014, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on this pile of shit. Makes the 1st two flims look like Oscar contenders.

Rob Norton
02-24-2014, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't waste my money on this pile of shit. Makes the 1st two flims look like Oscar contenders.

rrargh....angry angry fan....angry....rrrarrgh....

sheesh guys. yeah..its interesting. but remember all the other horrible casting ideas that have happened before? keaton as batman. ledger as joker? it may be hard to remember, but RDJ as ironman was silly at one point. chris evans as Cap America? all these turned out to be great.

so what im saying it...ill reserve judgement until i have actuall SEEN the thing. and if it sucks then, in my opinion, ill join right in.

but im not judging a book by its cover.

L Jamal
02-24-2014, 04:41 PM
sheesh guys. yeah..its interesting. but remember all the other horrible casting ideas that have happened before?
Yes, but they weren't burning black man horrible ideas.
Not to mention that Sue is still white which implies that it's easier to explain a mixed race family than to have an interracial relationship between a white man and black woman.
Burning black man is still a horrible, horrible idea no matter how well the movie does (or does not).

Rob Norton
02-24-2014, 05:59 PM
Not to mention that Sue is still white which implies that it's easier to explain a mixed race family than to have an interracial relationship between a white man and black woman.
Burning black man is still a horrible, horrible idea no matter how well the movie does (or does not).

huh....never thought of it that way. but... still...its entirely possible that he may just own the role and kick its ass and we all look back and say "hey..that was actually awesome."

it could happen

rob

Co.Inkadink
02-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Weird casting. I figure the movie can't possibly be any worse than the first two, though.

Yes it can. A skinny British Ben Grimm? Reed looks 14? Sue is kinda plain and dowdy looking? And a Black Johhny? Why not make Sue black as well? That would make more sense. But Reed and Ben are the worst.

Co.Inkadink
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
This is the F cast for the new FF flick. Pathetic.
http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/First-Family.jpg
I actually agree with you for once.

Justice41
02-24-2014, 09:09 PM
huh....never thought of it that way. but... still...its entirely possible that he may just own the role and kick its ass and we all look back and say "hey..that was actually awesome."

it could happen

rob

Pigs could fly too
Actually the role of Stark was always Tom Cruise which was ridiculous, most thought because of Downey's past he would own the role of Stark. The worry with Evans was his Ben Affleckism which is he's always the smirking douchebag but Evans manned up and played it semi serious. Ledger still sucked as Joker. Early deaths make matyrs and saints outa people

Rob Norton
02-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Ledger still sucked as Joker. Early deaths make matyrs and saints outa people

i know what you are getting at but i think his portrayal as joker was perfect as it was without factoring in he died just after filming. his death didnt take anything away from or add to the actual perfomance. it was the exact thing i always wanted to see...a joker that was scary and mentally disturbed. to many times it seems he was played more to get a joke out. cause hes the JOKEr....

Co.Inkadink
02-25-2014, 12:29 AM
This is why I wonder about Justice? Saying Heath Ledger's Joker was bad is beyond flaming people. I think he's just a persona no one could hate the medium he spends so much time in.

johnjohn
02-25-2014, 12:40 AM
All I get is a small box with a question mark in the original post.
Gonna have to Google the cast I guess.

~edit~ Just looked up the cast, meh.
Don't really see any of them as the FF myself.
But whenever they do release it I'll probably let it play in the b/g one night on Netflix.

So far the FF movies they've come up with have been with have been pretty, well, lame (IMO).
Which is a shame, as the FF universe has so much that they could do and so many characters and story lines that they could really do a great movie.
But they just don't seem to be taking the movies very seriously, especially for all the money they pump into them.
But I guess so long as the movies keep selling fast food combos and movie tie-in toys, no one associated with the movies really cares.

Justice41
02-25-2014, 03:52 AM
i know what you are getting at but i think his portrayal as joker was perfect as it was without factoring in he died just after filming. his death didnt take anything away from or add to the actual perfomance. it was the exact thing i always wanted to see...a joker that was scary and mentally disturbed. to many times it seems he was played more to get a joke out. cause hes the JOKEr....

This is why I wonder about Justice? Saying Heath Ledger's Joker was bad is beyond flaming people. I think he's just a persona no one could hate the medium he spends so much time in.

You guys got what you were looking for in Ledger but to me the entire Joker thing was stupid. Ledgers Joker was just Johnny Depps. I was not sold or impressed.
Heres what I saw when I saw the Ledger Joker.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jdW9p_nv8c0/hqdefault.jpghttp://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/heath-ledger-joker.jpg

Angel
02-26-2014, 02:23 AM
This isn't really about Ledger's Joker performance, he really could have taken the performance in any direction but we got what we got with that one. Ledger's role at no point looked like any sort of stunt casting. This does.

A question it brings up for me is...When is it acceptable to change the race, or even the physical appearance of a well known character?

Co.Inkadink
02-26-2014, 07:18 AM
You guys got what you were looking for in Ledger but to me the entire Joker thing was stupid. Ledgers Joker was just Johnny Depps. I was not sold or impressed.
Heres what I saw when I saw the Ledger Joker.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/jdW9p_nv8c0/hqdefault.jpghttp://media.comicbook.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/heath-ledger-joker.jpg
OK there's something wrong with your mind. Nobody else saw that. I don't even know what that's supposed to be a picture of? That picture is supposed to make the point and be the clincher right? Heath Ledger did a great performance. If it were just because he died people would admit it eventually. His acting in that movie is not on trial your opinion is. You have zero credibility when it comes to your opinion about movies anyway because you hate just about everything. You are a Contrarian by nature, I think you just take the opposite side of everything that's mainstream and popular, and that's OK I used to be like that too.
In Jr High school.

Justice41
02-26-2014, 04:04 PM
My opinion is the only opinion that counts to me. Nothing anyone says matters or means a thing to me. Ledger didn't do anything original. You lack knowledge of movies. I've been alive longer and have seen more so I have a large catalogue of movies and performances to compare against.
AS I stated MY OPINION is the only opinion.

Co.Inkadink
02-26-2014, 04:36 PM
My opinion is the only opinion that counts to me. Nothing anyone says matters or means a thing to me. Ledger didn't do anything original. You lack knowledge of movies. I've been alive longer and have seen more so I have a large catalogue of movies and performances to compare against.
AS I stated MY OPINION is the only opinion.I think your opinion is flawed you need to check it. How old are you BTW? And how do you know how many movies I've seen? I've seen you diss movies that professional movie critics liked so Yes your opinion is not calibrated correctly. Once again I think you just want to hate what everyone else likes to be different. That's cool but it doesn't make you right. You wouldn't know good acting if it slapped you in the face. Tell me what did Ledger do that wasn't original? What actor and movie had a similar performance? In the 6 years since Dark Knight came out I haven't heard of it?

omega sentry
04-20-2014, 04:05 PM

lol.....it sounded funny I could picture you saying that.... :blink:

Yeah it's almost like they put him in there for to win some points....and because every one is doing it. If they have mix mom and dad I'll some what buy it.

To be honest if they wanted to do this Richards should have been the black guy...this way doctor doom could be hated for hating on him.

AS I stated MY OPINION is the only opinion.

What in hell is original. Just go back to shakespear's time for example and we see that every thing has been taken from something and even then they took something from other art and myth.

Show me something that you think it's original and I will show you what it spinned-off from. There is always something....

Had you left it at " your opinion " that would have been fine, but you got to drop that dribble about you being older with a larger catalogue crap and I got to say that your shit stinks of what Co.Inkadink accused you of.

You are the typical critic and the sad part is critics do it for the controversy so that they get noticed and get paid the big bucks. :whistlin:

And I totally have to disagree. What he brought to the joker was new and different, mind you I said to the joker. At first I was like ehhh....but then you got to think and look at it from the real life perspective and that worked so well, I can picture that joker existing in our realm.