PDA

View Full Version : I'm Addicted

Co.Inkadink
02-14-2014, 07:22 AM
I love TV! In the last year or so I have become addicted to TV. I have Netflix and Hulu and Cracker and I buy DVDs and even watch Youtube all the time. I have a job that a monkey can do and have an I-pod so I watch most of it at work. I have a TV show or movie playing while I draw most of the time or music but never silence.
I've watched so many series in the past few years.
Lately it's
Bates Motel
X-files
Sherlock
Parks and Recreation
Brooklyn 99
even shows that aren't that good I keep watching although I gave New Girl a chance and gave up I still watch
The Michael J. Fox Show
The Goldbergs
Raising Hope

I went through
The Office
30 Rock and Parks and Recreation
several times

I watched 6 seasons of Buffy and alot of Doctor Who
I watched Mad Men, Breaking Bad and Walking Dead a couple of times through.

I just finished the first season of Dexter in a couple of days.

Anyway does anyone else do this? I seem to always be looking for new shows and even going back and rewatching shows when I can't find new stuff. Is this normal or average to watch this much? My Dad watched a lot of TV with me as a kid in fact it was the only thing he did with me. But I put him to shame because I have access to TV 24/7.

My other question is, does anyone want to talk about any of these shows?

Moonrider
02-14-2014, 09:09 AM
No True Detective on your list?

Duane Korslund
02-14-2014, 09:48 AM
watched Breaking Bad last month...great show! We're going back over Game of Thrones seasons 1-3 before season 4 starts in April....if you havent seen this...I highly recommend it..amazing show, amazing books....I've always been a fan of Michael J Fox, I'm glad he's back...definitely need to check out his new show.

Bishop
02-14-2014, 10:06 AM
Did you mean 'Crackle'? If not, I'm not familiar with Cracker...

I watch tv, but not a whole lot. I enjoy movies more, and watch a lot of those. You may want to check out The Following. It isn't great, but it is watchable and fun. I'm also enjoying Helix on Syfy.

Scribbly
02-14-2014, 04:46 PM
Don't miss Boardwalk empire. Also Deadwood.

Nitecrawlah2
02-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I wish I could get into TV more, but the last few years just haven't been too interested in much. I think the only TV I like keeping up with was Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Justified, Doctor Who, Parks and Rec, and occasionally Big Bang Theory.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:05 AM
No True Detective on your list?

I've never heard of it. I'll look it up.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:09 AM
watched Breaking Bad last month...great show! We're going back over Game of Thrones seasons 1-3 before season 4 starts in April....if you havent seen this...I highly recommend it..amazing show, amazing books....I've always been a fan of Michael J Fox, I'm glad he's back...definitely need to check out his new show.

Breaking bad is phenomenal! I'll probably watch it again at some point. I've heard great things about Game of Thrones but its not on netflix or Hulu yet but I've heard so much I will eventually buy the DVDs cuz it seems like it won't dissappoint.

Bishop
02-15-2014, 12:12 AM
I've never heard of it. I'll look it up.

It's a new show on HBO. Getting great reviews.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:13 AM
Did you mean 'Crackle'? If not, I'm not familiar with Cracker...

I watch tv, but not a whole lot. I enjoy movies more, and watch a lot of those. You may want to check out The Following. It isn't great, but it is watchable and fun. I'm also enjoying Helix on Syfy.

Yes Crackle. Eduke mentioned it in a post and off I went. That's how I find stuff. When people highly recommend stuff I check it out. You say The Following isn't that good puts it at the bottom of the list but I'll try it when other shows are done.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:15 AM
Don't miss Boardwalk empire. Also Deadwood.

Another one I hear great things about but I'll have to buy the DVDs. I looked up Deadwood and it didn't interest me but I'll try it cuz it's on Netflix.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:19 AM
I wish I could get into TV more, but the last few years just haven't been too interested in much. I think the only TV I like keeping up with was Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, Justified, Doctor Who, Parks and Rec, and occasionally Big Bang Theory.

One day I'll try BBT it has strong recommends as well,

Bishop
02-15-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes Crackle. Eduke mentioned it in a post and off I went. That's how I find stuff. When people highly recommend stuff I check it out. You say The Following isn't that good puts it at the bottom of the list but I'll try it when other shows are done.

The Following is good. It just isn't great. Breaking Bad and Walking Dead are great.

Co.Inkadink
02-15-2014, 12:20 AM
It's a new show on HBO. Getting great reviews.

Only problem there is I don't have HBO but it'll make it's way to Netflix.

ponyrl
02-15-2014, 12:58 AM
I lost the stamina to watch new television shows.

I can watch foreign dramas, anime with subtitles, good action flicks, and tv series from 5the past, but when I sit down and try to watch something like you mentioned, just can't do it.

Ingrid K. V. Hardy
02-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Give Helix a try. And Orphan Black

Moonrider
02-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Only problem there is I don't have HBO but it'll make it's way to Netflix.

Make sure you watch it when it comes out. It's like watching Se7en with the same quality but as a miniseries. I'm lucky enough to get HBO where I live and unlike most new shows it came out rather quickly in my part of the world, though with censored sexual scenes.

Co.Inkadink
02-16-2014, 12:09 AM
I just started watching Firefly last night 3 episodes in and it's really good.

Angel
02-17-2014, 12:24 AM
CIAD I am almost 100% sure that you won't like A Game of Thrones.