PDA

View Full Version : B&N Week 164: Which Conventions Do You Plan On Attending?

Steven Forbes
02-11-2014, 06:06 AM
http://i0.wp.com/www.comixtribe.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/BoltsNutsFeatured-convention.jpg?resize=640%2C290
Itís another Tuesday! We all know what that means, donít we? Time for some Bolts & Nuts! So, letís get right into this weekís question.

Which conventions do you plan on attending, and why?

I remember my very first convention. I was in the Marine Corps, stationed at MCAS Miramar, which is in San Diego. I couldnít live in San Diego and not attend SDCC could I? Of course not! That would have been sacrilege! I was trying to break in, and I got to meet with one of my writing heroes, Paul Jenkins. My wife had made him a homemade apple pie. We met, we talked, I got some tips, and stayed in touch for a while, but heís a working writer, and I was just a snot-nosed kid with delusions. [I like to think Iíve gotten a little better.]

Iíve gone back to SDCC a few times, the last time as an editor looking for work. I didnít get any, but made a few contacts. [Thatís the real secret of making comics: making contacts.] Here is something Iíve learned, though: you should have a clear goal when attending a convention.

Click here to read more. (http://www.comixtribe.com/2014/02/11/bn-week-164-which-conventions-do-you-plan-on-attending/)

L Jamal
02-11-2014, 09:15 AM
Richmond, Baltimore, NC Comicon and maybe Charlotte
I'm on the east coast (NC) and refuse to drive more than 5-6 hours for a con.
I've done many cons over the years and as I rebuild my con appearances, these are the must hits for me. If any others pop up in that sphere, I will evaluate them as well.

stevestormoen
02-11-2014, 09:00 PM
I'm setting a goal to hit up all the smaller West Coast cons... San Jose, APE, Comikaze, maybe more.

T_F_Mann
02-13-2014, 12:19 AM
Baltimore (definitely) and (hopefully) NYCC. I haven't been to a con in years but now I get to take my kids to their first. I can't freaking wait.

exfig
02-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I'll be at San Antonio CC with my colorist who lives there, then Salt Lake City with my Artist (that's where he lives) and then at Wizard World Austin, my home turf. I'd like to fit one more in this year, not sure where though.

-Curt Achberger
@exfig