PDA

View Full Version : Pompeii

Bishop
02-09-2014, 01:41 AM
I got some tickets to an advanced screening of the latest movie from Paul WS Anderson (Mortal Kombat, Aliens vs Predator, Resident Evil) a few days ago. I almost didn't go due to the fact that Anderson is on my list of most disliked directors after he destroyed the properties listed above. However, my daughter really wanted to go, so we went.

It was bad. Bad, but not his worst movie. It has decent effects and decent 3d. Sutherland does a good job playing the bad guy, as he always does. I couldn't have cared less about the characters and the half hearted love story they shoehorned in.

If your interested, I'd recommend catching it on Redbox or HBO. Don't waste your money in the theater on this one when it releases in a couple of weeks.

Duane Korslund
02-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Yeah, it looks like just another crappy ancient civilization movie that rely on visual effects to make its money back...
The movie should be 20 minutes long....
Oh crap, a volcano...bleh we're all dead...Fin.....

Buckyrig
02-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Yeah, it looks like just another crappy ancient civilization movie that rely on visual effects to make its money back...
The movie should be 20 minutes long....
Oh crap, a volcano...bleh we're all dead...Fin.....

Even shorter.

watch?v=aXwzSPc0FoA

Bishop
02-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Here's the trailer for those interested:
t6TRwfxDICM

My short review on FB was that this movie is Gladiator for 12 year old boys with ADHD. Instead of Russell Crowe it has a volcano, though.

dx
02-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I already know how it ends....so

Duane Korslund
02-10-2014, 03:00 PM
No plot twist? The Volcano isn't the guys father?

Bishop
02-10-2014, 03:14 PM
No plot twist? The Volcano isn't the guys father?

In a daring move, the plot twist is the fact that there is no plot.

Duane Korslund
02-10-2014, 03:36 PM
In a daring move, the plot twist is the fact that there is no plot.

Then the last 20 years have produced some daring ****ing movies!