PDA

View Full Version : Ebas Snow Queen - my inks

grumpyfatfury
01-26-2014, 05:56 PM
A recent sample I did up; my first of 2014. Ebas pencils, inks by myself.

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2014/023/4/7/snow_queen__inked_ebas_by_jk5_inks-d73fhzf.jpg

Cheers,
J

Justice41
01-28-2014, 05:36 PM
Very nice, Digital or practical?

grumpyfatfury
01-31-2014, 11:59 AM
Very nice, Digital or practical?

Thanks man! All traditional.

johnjohn
01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
There's just no other way to put this : Fukkin Awesome!!
Really dig the work on the tigers.

MistValkyrie
02-01-2014, 09:18 PM
very nice! You are a great inker and I like the line gradations and variations present in this piece and the interesting effects you've gotten with it, specifically the delicate ice lines in the background...I think the fact that you inked this traditionally and not digitally really makes my last point even more impressive. Nice work, man!

grumpyfatfury
02-01-2014, 09:47 PM
There's just no other way to put this : Fukkin Awesome!!
Really dig the work on the tigers.

Thank you sir! The work on the tigers was actually an experiment; I wanted to achieve a hair like texture with a brush. Easy for the pros, but new to me...but, still think it worked okay. ;)

grumpyfatfury
02-01-2014, 09:48 PM
very nice! You are a great inker and I like the line gradations and variations present in this piece and the interesting effects you've gotten with it, specifically the delicate ice lines in the background...I think the fact that you inked this traditionally and not digitally really makes my last point even more impressive. Nice work, man!

Thank you kindly for the kind words. And yes, for me, traditional is the only way to go; I'm the type that likes to hold an original piece in my hands. ;)