PDA

View Full Version : Miracleman

Nitecrawlah2
01-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Did anyone else pick up the reissue? Thoughts?

Buckyrig
01-17-2014, 08:13 PM
Saw it in the store the other day. But I was in a hurry and didn't have time to figure out what exactly it was.

That's how much attention I've been paying to previews and such. :laugh:

What exactly is in it now?

eDuke
01-18-2014, 12:59 AM
It's a reprinting of the Miracle Man comics previously published in Warrior Magazine, plus a bunch of older stuff when it was called Marvel Man. The Warrior stories' writer is credited as: The Original Writer.

Nitecrawlah2
01-24-2014, 04:38 AM
You know I noticed that Alan Moore was not credited in the inside cover for the main story segment from Warrior. Ouch. Though I'm sure Marvel wanted to and Moore just told them to go fly a broom naked or something.

Buckyrig
01-24-2014, 12:38 PM
So it was from the Moore run? Or some of it?

That's what I was looking for when I looked at the book.

L Jamal
01-24-2014, 01:44 PM
It's reprinting the Moore and Gaiman runs and then finishing the Gaiman run eventually, but adding previous older reprints to thicken the package. I'm waiting for the collection.

Yep, Alan Moore doesn't want to be assocaited with the project and doesn't want his name used. It's a bit silly since EVERYONE knows who wrote the issues.

Nitecrawlah2
01-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Right, it's a reprinting of his old material and stories that he finished up before Gaiman took over in the first place. He didn't act like this when Marvel reprinted his old Captain Britain run. Was he in any way associated with the losing side of the judicial case that reverted the Miracleman rights to Gaiman or something?

L Jamal
01-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Alan Moore and Marvel is a weird long story.
This request is largely due to the Captain Britain reprints.

Buckyrig
01-27-2014, 11:16 AM
Seems weird in any case.

I can see not wanting his name to be associated with adaptations . . . but not credited for work he literally did is strange. (I'm assuming he figures they're exploiting his name for sales or something.)

So, is Moore-ing yourself the opposite of getting Fingered? :laugh:

Nitecrawlah2
01-30-2014, 06:06 AM
Well the Captain Britain reprints were handled as vanilla as they could have been. Hell, he even wrote a nice little new intro to the TPB and everything. I just think Moore's finally bought into his own hype, for worse rather than better.

L Jamal
01-30-2014, 10:53 AM
With captain Britain, they promised to credit Moore as co-creator on some of the characters. Quesada negotiated this deal to keep Moore happy. The first printing happened without the credit and that was the end of Moore's cooperation with Marvel. Later printing corrected the credit, but it was too little, too late.

Buckyrig
01-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Well, I picked up the first two issues. Haven't read them yet though.

Nitecrawlah2
02-04-2014, 02:47 AM
With captain Britain, they promised to credit Moore as co-creator on some of the characters. Quesada negotiated this deal to keep Moore happy. The first printing happened without the credit and that was the end of Moore's cooperation with Marvel. Later printing corrected the credit, but it was too little, too late.

Thanks for the background info on that Jamal. Yeah I remember the whole deal regarding the character credits and everything supposedly being okay leading up to the release of the collection. It's unfortunate that a printing error like that (possibly done with a proof they were using as a placesetter before the deal was finalized? Editor dropped the ball?) caused that rift (again).

Bucky I've read the issues, but already have the originals and have read them before. I was curious to see the updated colors and art from the original artwork and artists, and to complete the story with Gaiman's eventual conclusion. So far so good, I think the real big fans of Miracleman and the whole background/association regarding the characters and the Shazam/Kimota thing would appreciate all the additional material included.

L Jamal
02-04-2014, 03:16 AM
I just want the collections.
Not a fan of single issues